It is DONE!!!

quanxavier

To the room,

Thank you! I closed on my new home on 12/20/2005 :BigDance: . This board has been such an inspiration and help to me. I thank you profusely for the knowledge and advice. I took the plunge...hey the water is fine.

To those of you in the process....be encouraged. If I could do it. You can too. I had 8 collections accounts, 2 repos, 1 tax lien, 1 judgement, and multiple lates on my credit card and student loans. With the help of this board and time I was able get a 5.25% interest rate on a 209K home.

My advice to you all is to read as much as you can on this board. If you have questions...ask! Be persistent with the credit bureaus, collectors, lender officers, and keep GOOD records. Rejoice and know that it will happen for you too.

May God Bless You All.

I completly agree with Grim on this one... We got our new house back in May and still have one room completly empty and not a whole lot on the walls...

Too easy to spend way to much money... Curtians alone were 300 for 3 windows.

Good luck and enjoy your new home!!!! I know we are

Thing about walls stuff - what's "stylish" one year is old and passe' the next. For example in the 1970's dark walls and paneling were in vogue. Now it's white and bright walls. Can you even FIND paneling anymore?

I suppose if I entertained or has parties then it would be different. But I wouldn't spend money to put s#1t on the walls that only I'm going to look at..

$300 for curtains? F**K THAT! Venetian blinds or really large bath towels!! ;)

my score was a 733 when i closed... then did a stupid thing and consolidated my debt onto a personal loan and canceled a bunch of credit cards and credit loans...

dropped my score over 100points

we did... we bought a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath 2200 sq. ft. house with two huge windows in the front and a huge bay window in the back when you walk in... Those are still empty.

Curtians are really really expensive... 20 bucks a panel for inexpensive ones, 4 panels on each window, curtian rods, tiebacks BAM $300 bucks.

It gets really easy to drop TONS of money on a new house.

also, when you buy furniture, look in the classified ads and look for wharehouse places that don't pay huge rent and have high pressure salesmen... we bought a sweet bedroomset with a queen sleigh bed, dresser and mirror, chest of drawers, nightstand and a decent queen matteruss delivered with tax 900bucks, and everything is hardwoord made in vietnam... we really like it. At a huge store the same thing was 1800 bucks.

Who's spends $300.00 on curtains? That's just :urcrazy:

I know..but that's cheap for curtains or draperies. I'm more a blinds person but I spent about $200 for vertical blinds to cover a patio door.

This company in Chicago is a "to your door" drapery design and installation company. They advertise on most Chicago radio stations and you call them to "make an appointment" for their service. That tells me they are nowhere near cheap