Collection showing up under two parties

thenextguy

I have a collection account that shows up under the OC on Transunion, but under the collection agency on the other two CRs. I don't believe the account has been charged off.

If someone pulls the three CRs, it would look like I have more collection accounts than I actually do. What's the best way to get them reported the same?

It is quite normal for a debt to show up twice - once under the OC, and once for the CA of the day. If you're saying there are TWO CA's on the same debt, that is incorrect. Dispute it.

They are showing up two different ways, but not on the same report.

Transunion shows it as the OC and Equifax and Experian shows it as being under the CA.

Can I still dispute that? When I apply for credit, some creditors pull all three reports. Since they are described differently it will look like two separate collections.

When you pull a 3 in 1, the potential creditor will see which CRA is reporting which TL. Yes, they will be able to determine what is going on. True, it will appear there are many TL's, but, they can add 1 + 1.

As to disputing the TL's, you need to be sure something is not right. Look at the one with the OC's TL. Does it show as being a CO? Sold or transferred? Are they reporting monthly as to a 30, 60, or 90 day late? then look at the CA's TL. Does their reported since date match the date of CO from the OC? Is the smount correct?

If a CA is now reporting, I can only assume the debt has been CO'd. Thus, the TL from the OC would be in error and must be disputed. This is how I look at it. You could try the CA, but, I doubt it would benefit you unless you were willing to settle the debt, if it is legit.

Do note, an OC and a CA can both report a TL on the same debt. But, they each have to report as described by law. Such as, the OC must show the debt as a CO, with the assigned or sold/transferred note. And, if sold, the OC's TL must show a zero balance. If not, they are in violation. This is what you want to find. Then, when you have your proof, you can cause them to accept an offer of settlement from you that is what you want, not them.