ch 7 removal

cantbebawt

If you have a moment I would appreciate an answer to a question. I know Federal law allows a reporting agency to carry a Chapter 7 on your report for 10 years. My question is, just because they can carry it for 10 years is there any circumstance where they would drop it off earlier? I am now 8 years removed from bankruptcy and have rebuilt my credit back to a fico score of around 700. I am still being denied some credit because of my bankruptcy and wanted to know if anyone knew if any of the big 3 would remove this ch 7 after 8 years.

Thanks

Scrutinize the BK item on all of your CRs with a fine-toothed comb. Date of filing, date of discharge, docket number... the works. If anything is even remotely off, dispute the BK item with the CRA. You could get lucky and score a non-response deletion.

I understand. There is a chance that the court will not respond so taking a chance is worth it. The only reason I thought to ask was there is no law that says they have to keep it 10 years but rather they are allowed to. I figured there may be a way they would consider dropping it. So now I am wondering if it is worth it to say it is inaccurate even if it is?

I have noticed a couple of errors. On one report they have a 1 in front of the correct file number. On another report they have the file number correct but the closing date is wrong. They have the discharge date for that. If they respond with different info that was on the report will it be updated or deleted?

Thanks

There is a chance that the court will not respond

The BK court itself will never respond as the courts do NOT report to the bureaus. The CRA's use 3rd party companies, like Doney, who troll public records and they BUY the data about your BK. It is this 3rd party company that they CRA's will attempt to verify with.

I disputed a date with EX and they corrected it. I disputed a date with TU and they deleted it. In other words... it's a crapshoot.

And as usual, Lady is correct. They don't contact the court itself, they just verify the public record with one of those vultures.

JUST DISPUTE THE THING!! :wink: