Potential dispute violation?

thenextguy

Its hard to say if its a violation or not. It is possible that Experian and TU verified it as valid and maybe equifax didnt do thier job right and just deleted it.. if thats the case. yahoo you. I would next ask for a MOV (Method of Verification). There is a link at the top of the page

Its hard to say if its a violation or not. It is possible that Experian and TU verified it as valid and maybe equifax didnt do thier job right and just deleted it.. if thats the case. yahoo you. I would next ask for a MOV (Method of Verification). There is a link at the top of the page

I may not have been clear. It's still on the Equifax report; it's just not listed as being disputed.

It appears that they didn't report it as disputted to Equifax (or Equifax screwed up, I guess).

I guess I'm wondering if I could threaten to sue them for a violation to get them to remove the collection. Perhaps a combo of an intent to sue and a PFD might do the trick? :?:

Too soon for MOV and you can rarely get it anyway. Remember, concentrate on the CA first. Who is the creditor or collection agent and did you DV with them before disputing with the CRAs?

Too soon for MOV and you can rarely get it anyway. Remember, concentrate on the CA first. Who is the creditor or collection agent and did you DV with them before disputing with the CRAs?

The OC is Cox Cable and the CA is CMI. I did not DV it before i disputted it. Should I have? Should I do it now?

Yes. It sounds like you need to familiarize yourself a bit better with the "1-2 punch" method. Order the book above or at least get better aquainted with the ins-and outs of credit repair. Dive Medic's thread below is very thorough:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24558

:):):)

Well, here's my strategy. Let me know what you think.

I'm considering sending the a letter saying that I have made them aware that I am disputting this TL. I can even say the fact that they have identified it as disputted on Transunion and Experian is proof they're aware that I'm disputing it.

However, since they did not note it as being disputed on Equifax, they are in violation of ----(whatever they're in violation of) and that I plan to sue them.

Then, mention how I do not wish to engage in a lenghtly legal proceeding and will pay the balance due if they agree to remove all instances of it on my credit reports.

Any chance that might work? If what I think happened, are they actually in violation of FDCPA or FCRA for not listing the account as under dispute?

Could this work? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?