Help on responding to TU letter of Frivolous disputes

Hey all, I am very new to this but I'm trying to work on my credit and my wifes. This is going to be a work in progress.

I pulled all 3 Credit Bureaus on 11-30-05 and immediately disputed mine for all 3 on 12-01 and my wifes on 12-5.

I just received a letter from TU on my wifes stating that their records show that 2 of the listed creditors (1 is a collections agency & other is public tax lien of file with state of Kentucky) was previously verified as accurate and under the FCRA, they considered the dispute frivolous and will not reinvestigate the items unless you can provide court papers or a recent, authentic letter from the creditor that explains what information should be updated. They went on to say if I disagreed with the disputes, to add a consumer statement.

What can I do to get TU to reinvestigate and further, try to get them deleted? Any help would be awesome.

Bill in Florida

Calling the CRA on the phone works for me. Remember that when you do this by CMRRR, the CRA assumes you are doing it to build a paper trail to sue THEM, and is going to "circle the wagons" so to speak. I have always had luck by using the CRA as a partner instead of an adversary.

I just received a letter from TU on my wifes stating that their records show that 2 of the listed creditors (1 is a collections agency & other is public tax lien of file with state of Kentucky) was previously verified as accurate and under the FCRA, they considered the dispute frivolous and will not reinvestigate the items unless you can provide court papers or a recent, authentic letter from the creditor that explains what information should be updated.

I have actually have had a similar situation. One paid tax lien and a paid collection account. And I got both of them deleted from all three CRAs.

Once I got the frivilous letter, I gave them additional supporting documentation.

For the tax lien, I went to the court house and got a copy of the lien. I scoured it for technicalities and I easily found them. I am sure you can find them if scour word for word. Mine was address and incorrect personal identifying information. I sent the copy of the tax lien and marked up and explained what was wrong. TU wrote back and said that they are adding an additional 15 days to their investigation.

That happened four times and each time it came back verified. The fifth time, it was deleted.

As for the collection account, I DV'd the agency every 30 days. They never wrote back. In the letter to TU, I included copies of the green card and explained that this agency refuses my request for verification.

I don't remember right off hand how many times I kept sending disputes to TU (and each time with an additional copy of a green card) but it was eventually deleted.

Overall, it took a lot of patience and determination to see this through. But I did get them deleted. And those supporting documents got them to re-investigate. Hope this helps. Let us know what happens...