experian verifies fast

jeff6898

Just a thought on my part - I have no idea how it really works, but...

I'd say no human had to touch it since it was electronic. Their systems just routed it through the matching (verify) database and spit out a result.

I considered using the online dispute method but wanted to have pieces of paper as my trail so that I could control the flow of communication a little better. That's just me though.

Did a online dispute with experian yesterday and just for the heck of it looked at the check status of dispute link and they already verified 5 of my disputes updated 2 and the other three are pending. Don't see how this is possible in one day.

You know funny thing. I placed a dispute online too on 12/20/05 and received a response from Ex on 12/21/05 it said updated. I was shocked. I said wait a minute did they even dispute this item. I was :evil:.

The way it works is like this:

The CRA sends an email to the furnisher through a system called "EOscar".

Furnisher sends back a reply by email using the same system.

The item is now verified.

No Sh%t. I didn't know that. So is it better to just mail in our disputes? That's the first I've heard of that. I'm very :shock:

• 1 month later...
Guest gabenjess

In your letter to the CRA's and original creditor/collector....you may want to ask for the debt validation/proof of debt -- and not a verification. Anyone can verify a debt, but not everyone can VALIDATE a debt.

Generally speaking, this is a longer process than a simple verification and puts "time" on your side.

Gabriel

• 7 months later...
The way it works is like this:

The CRA sends an email to the furnisher through a system called "EOscar".

Furnisher sends back a reply by email using the same system.

The item is now verified.

Actually eOscar doesn't even send an e-mail. It just sends an electronic request to match databases. If the furnisher has an automated response system and the consumer did their dispute on-line, then no human eyes ever even see it. If you mail in your dispute the only human contact is a person that gleans over your letter and distills it down to a two-digit code that represents what the reader thinks your complaint is.

I read an article yesterday that inidcated that some 60% of all eOscar disputes are distilled down to a two-digit code that means "Other, no specific reason provided." That same article indicates that 1) 77% of all credit reports have errors in them. 2) 45% of all credit reports have serious errors that could result in decline of credit or other negative action, and 3)the FTC knows and admits that the system is broken but is waiting to see how well FACTA works out before recommending any other action against the bureaus to congress.