Is this right? where to go from here

thenewguy

I asked a few weeks ago where to start on a charged off account that from all indications is still owned by MBNA. Anyhow, like I said a few weeks ago I would love to pay this in full (as I can) and get this off my record, but didn't know how to go about doing this. Just ot note its only 401.50 that is owed. It was suggested to me that I write a letter to MBNA headquarters explaining the situation.

Here is the address I found for MNBA.

MBNA*

1100 N. King St.

Wilmington, DE 19884

Here are the questions, I have.

1) Who should I address this letter to?

2) Should I send it certified mail or anything such as that.

3) Should I expect a quick reply over an issue such as this?

MBNA won't do a PFD. They are a national company. I'm sure you can understand that doing a PFD for certain consumers would soon expose them to lawsuits (*whine, whine, whine..."you gave PFD's to more men than women, more minorities than not, more citizens than immigrants). This tactic might work for a small, regional collection agency. But trying to get a PFD out of a national CC company is virtually impossible. Like dive said, it's more effective to try to force removal or correction of the TL through other means.

Anyhow, like I said a few weeks ago I would love to pay this in full (as I can) and get this off my record, but didn't know how to go about doing this.?

Besides, starting our credit repair with by paying is not a smart move. By paying right off the bat you're loosing all your leverage. Like the other cats said here, follow the process.