Experian, Credit Expert, Mismatched Reports?

I pulled my Experian report from CreditExpert.com. I saw an item on the report that shouldn't be there. I click "Dispute Information" and then it gives me what is basically a new report with a new number to be used for disputes and tracking disputes. However, this "dispute report" does not have the item that I want to dispute.

I call Experian and give the rep the number of the report that shows the item. She tells me that the item I'm referring to is not there, even though that is the same report that got from Credit Expert that showed the item! I told her about the discrepancy between that report and the "dispute report". The rep explained that there may be an update lag between Experian and Credit Expert.

I asked the rep what lenders will see if they pull my report today. She explained that if the lender pulls directly from Experian, they will not see the item, but if they use an "outside service" they will.

I went to MyFICO.com and pulled the Experian report and the item was there. I called Credit Expert and the rep told me that Experian has not sent the required update, but the situation is not typical. What the hell?

Has anyone else had this experience?

the myfico report is going to be more accurate than the creditexpert.com report.

I would not, however, recommend calling to dispute. If you are disputing you need to do so directly with the CRA and you need to do so in writing and sendit CMRRR so you have proof or send it online through experian's website and print the confirmation page. Paper trail is very important to the process. :)

I have never had that particular situation happen, that does sound odd. :cool:

Get used to that kind of stuff. If you are looking at your reports via online, expect all kind of discrepancies between each company. The only true reports that are accurate(according to the CBs) that I have found, are the paper copies that you get thru the mail sent by the big three.

the only ones I have expreriance that are ALWAYS wrong are the 3 in one reports.. never get those... but ba is right.. just order directly through the source (which is what FICO does, you can also go straight to transunion.com, experian.com, equifax.com) ordering through other companies is usually asking for trouble, unless you are using it for monitoring purposes.

I'm amazed at how complacent and accepting of this situation everyone is. If there's incorrect information out there, how do you know what your creditors are seeing?

For the most part credit reports are pulled through third-party resellers, ie: tenant screening, mortgages, etc. If there's an obvious database issue in the system, how can you be so cavalier about it? Sure, I know the item is not on my current report and shouldn't be on it at all, but my personal knowledge of that will be cold comfort if it's shown to a creditor or gets one of my accounts closed, God forbid.

I fully believe that, as a matter of law, if a credit bureau allows their information to be disseminated by third-parties, the bureau has a legal responsibility to ensure that these third-parties always have the correct and up-to-date information. This discrepancy has been evident for at least a week now as far as I know and that's just too long. It's much too long considering that these bureaus manage to get fresh information to generate "alerts" such as new inquiries, new accounts, balance changes and new addresses out to these third-parties within about 48 hours.

Also, I think it bears mentioning that my Experian report from MyFICO.com and CreditExpert.com are both WRONG in the same way. So, if these companies are getting their information directly from Experian as they claim, then there's obviously a database issue going on.