Capital One is as evil as they come

LNY

So I succeed in getting a bunch of Cap One crap deleted, finally.

A separate issue had my open/current accounts missing from my TU report. For the past 2 months I've been wrestling with C1 and TU to get them restored. So today I get letters from C1 saying they've investigated and instructed TU to restore the accounts.

YAYYY!! You'd think, right? NOOOOOOO. I get an IDENTICAL letter saying they've also instructed TU AND EX AND EQ to restore an ancient account that was IIB 5 years ago AND I've just succeeded in deleting... now will be the ONLY neg a/c on my TU. An IIB after I've gotten the BK itself deleted.

They do this stuff on purpose. I just hate their guts. I never once asked them to investigate that account.

Um, that particular dog was indeed left to get its shuteye... I asked them to report my current accounts to Transunion. I never asked them to resurrect an account closed five years ago and report it to all three bureaus. Now it's back and will probably never go. Well, not until 11/07, anyway.

I didn't have many cards at the time I asked them to please report my open accounts. I needed them reporting--besides them, I only had one Household at $2600 and one 5-month-old Juniper at $250 open. Everything else was either negative or closed. Even now, I only have two new accounts reporting since then--$500 and $200--neither of them helping my FICO yet since they're less than 2 months old.

Humdinger, I didn't want my cake and eat it etc. I simply wanted them to report my open accounts to Transunion, same as they were reporting to Equifax and Experian. I didn't ask them to dredge up an old account and re-report that one to all three bureaus too. We are talking about three separate accounts here. Two open, one closed 5 years ago. I didn't ask them to "report and not report." I asked them to report the accounts that were open. Why they dug up the old one, I don't know.

I doubt very much that anyone here would not have requested that their open accounts report, especially if they had only two other positive TLs reporting and a report full of IIBs. And no one here can pretend they could have predicted the old account would be dredged up, and thus would not have asked for the current accounts to be reported. Be serious. :roll: Talk about 20/20 hindsight!

I doubt very much that anyone here would not have requested that their open accounts report, especially if they had only two other positive TLs reporting and a report full of IIBs. And no one here can pretend they could have predicted the old account would be dredged up, and thus would not have asked for the current accounts to be reported. Be serious. :roll: Talk about 20/20 hindsight!

eh, anyone here who has dealt with Crap One might have an idea. I know if I have good and bad accounts with the same company, and neither are being reported, I don't press the issue. For this exact reason. They're bastards. If I harass them to report my open account, they'll report my bad one too. It's called Murphy's Law, and you don't need to be a psychic to predict it.

So Jasen, if your report only showed two open accounts, because two good ones were missing from ONE of your CRs, you wouldn't ask to have that corrected? You would actually think "hmm, if I ask for that, they might dredge up an old, closed account and report that too!! Sure, they're reporting correctly to two of the bureaus... but they will surely take hideous revenge on me for asking them to look into why my accounts are missing from the third!!"

You are both a genius and a psychic!! But all kidding aside, I still wouldn't advise anyone here in the same position to hold their tongue if there were two open TLs missing from one out of three reports. Especially if those two accounts really needed to be there. If they had 7 open TLs showing, and no negatives on their record except one with the same company, sure, I'd say let sleeping dogs lie. (I mean, I burned AmEx for 12 grand in my BK and neither account shows up anywhere... so I'd be a total fool to apply for an AmEx card!! Within 10 minutes those accounts would be reported, that's for sure.)

Why C1 chose to randomly dig this up... who knows. Possibly because I had disputed it recently in hopes of deleting it (and had succeeded on TU), it was top of mind. It's currently in dispute w/EX and EQ for errors in DOLA and BK date. So even if those disputes remove it, it will surely be re-reported now. And no, without 20/20 hindsight there was no way of predicting they would investigate accounts other than the ones I requested. Sorry. If anyone else out there has experienced this, I'd love to hear about it!!

Or else the droid at CrapOne just found the first account it could and reported that.

I don't think AmEx would even bother pulling, they have you blacklisted. Just like I am apparently with Cingular. They turned me down for a cell phone but never made an inquiry, though I wrote a nastygram to SBC years ago about another issue.

Oh, I know I'm blacklisted at AmEx. I hold no illusions, believe me. But the stroke of dumb luck that has kept those accounts off my reports would go up in smoke in a second if I awakened the sleeping giant/dog by applying for a card. They'd suddenly feel the need to report them after 5 years.

The stupidest part of this whole C1 thing is that it was less than $1000... and they've given me two cards since. Why can't they just let it go?! Oh, and the whole time they weren't reporting the good accounts to TU, they WERE reporting the old closed one faithfully!! I had finally gotten a non-response deletion on it when this turn of events... turned. (And the droid didn't just report the first account it found... it wrote me three identical letters about the three accounts.)

Cingular blacklisted you over a nastygram?! They need to get over themselves. They suck.