Is this a "junk debt buyer" ?

humdinger

Just now I got a phone call from "united recovery systems". They ask if I am humdinger, then ask for somebody I never heard of at an address I never heard of. This is the second time this has happened. What are they up to?

I have a BK7 from 2001, so I'm thinking it is some junk debt buyer trying to collect. But why don't they just talk to me directly? What are they up to?

I think this is the company.

http://www.ursi.com/

Well, like I said, they don't keep very good records. They also have one of those "auto-dialer" things that places the calls. If someone answers, the collector is supposed to check the screen before they talk, but they're not too careful about making sure the phone number matches the screen.

You might try saying "no, they're not here...can I take a message".

I called one one time to dispute the account long before I found this site. I refused to give them the ph# and so after I hung up they called back after a few minutes asking for Laticia something. I said that there was no Laticia at this number and they then ask who I was. I simply said I was the one paying the ph bill and hung up...lol... Theyll try anything...scumbags