Asset?

ba0501

After being on my credit reports for a couple of years, Asset just sent me a dunning. It says welcome new customer :?: , blah, blah, blah. It also says first notice, you have 30 days to ask for validity of this debt. Do I have any violations here? They have been verifying all this time. Also, just disputed(several times) this account with all 3 CBs, came back verified(of course :evil: ) and also asked for MOV(got form letter). But on the this dunning, it says OC is Fingerhut, when in fact it is Providian and shows Providian on my reports. Can I get this deleted since the CBs verified but Asset has Fingerhut as the OC when it is not? Thanks for any help!

Grim,

you must have the magic touch...i wish these guys had disppeared that easily for me.

ba0501,

1 - are they licensed to collect in your state?

2 - do what grim said...1-2 punch. best case scenario, you'll get great results and they'll go away. otherwise, this is the beginning of your paper trail. you'll need it to file complaints and sue if it comes to that.

ba0501 -

Is it possible that A$$et now owns 2 of your former (if they are yours) accounts (Fingerhut AND Providian)? Perhaps they've recently acquired the Fingerhut account & are trying to collect on it. If the Fingerhut account isn't appearing on your credit report (YET), then you may have to settle for a DV for right now. As for the Providian account, in my experience w/ A$$et, you can either keep DVing & disputing w/ the CRAs or slap them w/ a lawsuit. It seems like Lawsuit is the only language those idiots understand.