BK "blacklist" for certain credit cards?

ctnmkp

Hello again (this forum is SO addicting..I really need to get off of here! LOL),

I am curious about credit cards that someone files for BK on. Is it possible that some will approve you after the BK for a credit card? I have read about blacklisting on the forums here. Woudn't it be kinda odd for a credit card company you stiffed in BK to open a new account for you, preapprove you through the mail, etc?

(Just FYI--A local friend here asked me this question today, I didn't know the answer, so I am asking here. She is talking about BOA, specifically, but I am wondering about ANY credit card companies?)

Thanks in advance!:D

EDIT: One more question I just remembered---what if the credit card bankrupted on was sold by the OC to another company before the bankruptcy? Would that be more of a reason to be approved again by the same company? (again, hers was BOA, I am just being nosey for my own sake! LOL)

Sorry for all of these questions--as I am becoming more and more into repairing my credit, I am getting tons of questions from friends who are interested in doing the same. Thanks:)

Some of the CC companies will blacklist you for good. Amex is like that, however IF you pay them what you BK'd on, they may give you one of their cheesy cards, like an Optima. Citibank blacklists and from what I've read BofA is NOT forgiving, your friend will have to look elsewhere.

BoA, Citi, Chase, AmEx and Discover are BK-unfriendly whether you burned them or not.

But some card issuers will definitely give you cards after BK even if you burned them. Capital One, Household/Orchard, Providian, Juniper come to mind. IMHO, tell her to steer clear of Capital One if at all possible. Search the forums for why.

Thanks LNY--

I gave her this website today and told her to sign up. There is a TON of info here and it's all helpful. She stiffed BOA for $5000. The story behind that is that she "swears" that she knows of a gal who stiffed them, then got a BOA for $7000 after the BK. My pal here originally was under garnishment by BOA, then filed for BK, it was discharged, now she wants one of their low-interest credit cards to rebuild her credit.

Since my BK was discharged a year ago this month, I told her "Welcome to the Club!" I have been approved for ONE credit card (not one I stiffed) and am thankful to have the positive on my CR:).

Thanks again!