credit score

badcreditsucks

Thanks to this board my score has risen from a 550 to 650 (FICO-equifax). This may seem like small peanuts to some, but it's a great acheivement for me. I'm actually qualified for a home at this time, just debating whether to purchase now or not with the skyrocketing prices. Nevertheless, I'm still grateful to this board for every little point increase that I have made. :notworthy:

Thanks to this board my score has risen from a 550 to 650 (FICO-equifax). This may seem like small peanuts to some, but it's a great acheivement for me. I'm actually qualified for a home at this time, just debating whether to purchase now or not with the skyrocketing prices. Nevertheless, I'm still grateful to this board for every little point increase that I have made. :notworthy:

That is a HUGE increase...

It is still a subprime score but it now gives you the ability to acquire decent financing from lots of creditors even if it is a C or D category...

Good job. Thats a substantial credit score increase. If you purchase a home now, you will most likely head off rising mortgage interest rates. If the rates do increase, homes will become even more unaffordable. If you get in now, at least you'll get the benefits of real estate appreciation. Even if you get in at a place where the market has peaked, you can usually purchase a home in an area where the market will continue to appreciate, albeit at a much lower rate. You have to spend money on housing anyway. Rent is expensive, buy a house.