Foreclosed in McHenry Illinois have questions

braxas

I have been foreclosed on thru IndyMac Bank thru its attorneys and they are bringing a motion to the judge to accept sale to (Fannie May :Read on) issue an order of possession against all (Me) that have possession of said property and instruct the sherriff to remove and eject all such defendants (Me ) from the property.

I just got this today,there was a note pinned to my door by Coldwell banker yesterday asking for a reply from any one as the property looks abandoned to respond to them in one day or have locks changed to protect the sellers interest. I called them and said im still here and am looking for a place to live,its difficult as its holiday season and cold here,and I havent gotten off my butt,but should be looking seriously be the weekend,or at least packing.

Coldwell banker informed me the property was bought by Fannie May and they have a relocate program that if I leave the house broom clean and leave within 30 days,I could receive $750.00,I said Ill get back to them.

Now the legal note by the attorney that is for IndyMac bank,says going to court on or about the 9th of january.If this happens,and the sherriff is sicked on me, how much time do they have to give me before the stuff gets thrown on the street? I have only received mail not certified by a joint called Lender Sales of Illinois LLC,they have a proof of service at bottom saying they mailed me this document,but anyways its McHenry County Illinois.

Thanks in Advance

In theory, the day that the sheriff is given the order by the court, which is sounds like is next Monday, he can go there and start emptying your house. It might take a few days to get there, but that is the deal.

Sorry to hear that you are loosing your home. It must be a depressing experience. At least things have to get better from here out.

Just don't give up. Start now to get yourself so that when things change financially for you, you can-if you want-buy another home. Pay your rent by check, and keep copies, etc.

Best Of Luck to you.

Charles

I briefly looked at the Illinois statutes, and it appears from the 9th you'll have 30 days to move out as long as you're still residing there.

When you abandon the house, they can take it right away. Hence the letter from Coldwell Banker and the attempt to change the locks. Keeps those who did abandon their houses from going back and doing things like setting them on fire and such.