Success??

Loser

I disputed a collection on my CR and the CA did send what would appear to be proper proof of validation. I did some checking and discovered that I might indeed be responsible for the bill however I was neve billed. I called the OC but was given the run around. I then researched the OC and found the email address for one of their CEO's and emailed him a simple question.

Who do I contact with a concern about a matter related to your company?

I recieved the info the very next day and fired off a very polite letter to that person out lining my concern. IE that the bill would have been paid had I been billed.

Yestarday I get a call and the Manager of Financial Services for this company said that they would agree to have the collection company remove the collection if I paid the bill.

I agreed to pay and this is what I recieved in exchange. I am hopeful that this is a success and if it is, I owe many of you on this forum a big thank you.

Thank you for your payment of $$$$$ on the above account. As a good will gesture, a request to remove the account from the credit bureau has been submitted to CA Inc.

CA Inc. will send you a confirmation that this process is underway, in the interium.

I've never been in a situation where the OC "Requests" that the CA do something. I do have a nice pair of paid collections stuck on my CR for the next 7 years that originated with a written promise from the CA that they would "Request" that the OC delete or at least mark the TL Paid As Agreed. Their story...... "We requested the OC do this for you, and the said no." 8-)

Basically.... once they have your money, they have no incentive to do anything for you, and most seem to enjoy doing anything to hurt you if they can.

There might be some misunderstanding going on here...

To start at the end, if you paid the OC and the CA has a separate TL on your credit reports and they do not remove it, then you can dispute it as "never had an account with these people" and perhaps eventually sue them for FCRA violations...i.e., reporting incorrect data.

On the other hand, I'm thinking that what the OC may have agreed to do is change their TL from "in collections" to "paid as agreed". Not great, but not too bad either...

I had already gotten this CA removed from my CR through the dispute process before they offered any information regarding my validation letter.

So, if they reinsert, won't they have to notify me? And if they do reinsert, I have the letter from the OC to back me up. I am hopeful that this is ended, however it if is not, I will continue the good fight.

I think this is one for the good guys.

Dear Mr. (My name)

This letter is to confirm that our clinet, OC, has requested that the above referenced account be deleted from the Equifax Credit Bureau. This deletion process was started in our office on December 29th, 2005.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any question please call (number).

This came from the CA to my PO box which I checked today. :) Its postmarked the 29th.

:):):):):)8-)

Hi everyone hope all had a great holiday season and happy new year!

I want to first to be sure to thank everyone on the board for all their help with getting my (8-22-05 letter) collection agency to admit they were wrong!

:BigDance:

I have not checked my credit report to see if they have done this, even though I have a letter from them dated in early December of 2005 stating they have removed the negative TL. They never had it on the report, but they sent a CA letter to which I DV from following your instructions.

I am curious is this legal for them to take almost 4 months to respond to my DV letter? :shock:

Two other CA letters have just arrived yesterday, dated 12/23/05 from same company: :(

Merchants' Credit Guide Co who claim that the NCO portfolio Management is their client.

The NCO has purchased the defaulted accounts with two chase accounts. The accounts were last active until December 1997(MA). I believe that is over the seven years SL. I live in MA now.

NCO almost look like CRA yet they do three activities : CRA ,OC, and CA! <:)

I started a DV letter to Merchants; however, I am wondering if I should also send a cc to the NCO too?

I also added that they do not have my permission to send out my nonpublic personal financial information to any organization... don't know if I have a right to state that in the DV letter...do I? :roll:

I am so glad I can jump to this site for instant help! Thank u! Thank u!:everybodyclap:

Suki

Hi everyone hope all had a great holiday season and happy new year!

I want to first to be sure to thank everyone on the board for all their help with getting my (8-22-05 letter) collection agency to admit they were wrong!

:BigDance:

I have not checked my credit report to see if they have done this, even though I have a letter from them dated in early December of 2005 stating they have removed the negative TL. They never had it on the report, but they sent a CA letter to which I DV from following your instructions.

I am curious is this legal for them to take almost 4 months to respond to my DV letter? :shock:

Two other CA letters have just arrived yesterday, dated 12/23/05 from same company: :(

Merchants' Credit Guide Co who claim that the NCO portfolio Management is their client.

The NCO has purchased the defaulted accounts with two chase accounts. The accounts were last active until December 1997(MA). I believe that is over the seven years SL. I live in MA now.

NCO almost look like CRA yet they do three activities : CRA ,OC, and CA! <:)

I started a DV letter to Merchants; however, I am wondering if I should also send a cc to the NCO too?

I also added that they do not have my permission to send out my nonpublic personal financial information to any organization... don't know if I have a right to state that in the DV letter...do I? :roll:

I am so glad I can jump to this site for instant help! Thank u! Thank u!:everybodyclap:

Suki

Hi I have not heard a response yet for this posting...Can anyone comment on my questions please? Thanks!

Suki...patient, but persistent xangelx

suki You really ought to start your own thread. People sometimes dont' return to thread that they think have already been resolved.

I'm not sure I understand all your questions...but...

A CA can take awhile to respond to your DV as long as they mark any related TL's as "in dispute" while they're doing it. There are some posts that imply they only have 30 days, but you have to sue to enforce it.

And, an OC or CA has what's know as "permissable purpose" to pull your credit reports for collection purposes. They don't need your permission.

If what you're asking is should you "opt out"....in other words, tell the CRAs to not send out your info...then you do that with a separate letter to the CRAs. In fact, do a search on that here on the boards...I think there's a phone number you can call...