What about PRC (Professional Recovery Consultants)?

fixmycreditplease

I have sent DV to PRC on 11/2/05 for a paid collection they are reporting to the CRAs. I got the green card back and shorty thereafter a letter stating they received notification from the original creditor that the account was indeed paid and "we wil not remove the listing at this time". They also stated they will code the account as disputed on my reports, although I'm not sure they have.

The client they are representing is Duke Power.

What do I do to get this removed?

I have sent DV to PRC on 11/2/05 for a paid collection they are reporting to the CRAs. I got the green card back and shorty thereafter a letter stating they received notification from the original creditor that the account was indeed paid and "we wil not remove the listing at this time". They also stated they will code the account as disputed on my reports, although I'm not sure they have.

How old is the collection, and when was it paid? The longer it's been since the payoff date, the easier it is to remove.

Did you also dispute with the CRAs after receiving your green card? If so, on what basis? If the CRAs verified, did you ask for MOV?

I disputed with the bureaus that the account is not mine. Did not ask for MOV. I'm sorry, what is that?

MOV = Method of Validation. If you ask for MOV after the CRA verifies, within 15 days they are required to let you know how they verified the information. I would redispute every 3-6 months (to avoid the CRA calling the dispute frivolous), each time with a different SPECIFIC reason: paid date, date of first delinquency, amount owed, etc.

The collection is reporting as paid 1/13/05. The date of 1st delinquency is 10/2001. Was assigned to PRC 08/2004.

One of the keys to getting rid of a paid collection is a stale paid date; the more stale, the easier to get rid of. CA's don't make money verifying old accounts, so they are more likely to just ignore a verification request from the CRA on a stale paid account.

Unfortunately, your paid collection is still fresh. This one's going to take time, persistence, and patience.