The CrapOne Follies

So I get this envelope in my postal mail ... "Good News Concerning your Crapital One account!" and I think "wow maybe another CLI"

Nope. More of those stinking convienence checks.

But these don't have the transaction fee and purchase APR instead of the cash advance APR.

I guess it's good as time as any to fake the limit on my Crap1 card.

I got them and did the same thing last week. Deposited one for $5000 into my checking account and paid it off as soon as it posted. It's ridiculous, the childish games we have to play just because no one will make them obey the law that clearly says they must report COMPLETE and accurate information.

• 2 weeks later...

Me too. I used a $5000 check and for about 20 minutes, my balance was $5250 (I paid it off as soon as it posted because the interest was purchase rate... like 17%). My statement closed yesterday.

My actual limit is $5750, so this will do nicely. Now watch it not work this time...

The checks usually come with a transaction fee of 3% (which can make them expensive, like 50 bucks) to use.

With regard to why do it, depositing a check and immediately paying it off when it posts to my C1 account is easier than buying $5000 worth of stuff and taking it back. The object is to get the "high credit" those imbeciles report to be as close to your actual limit as possible... this way they're forced to report your limit (or close to it) whether they want to or not.

Of course it never occurs to them that those of us who keep low balances MIGHT use our cards the way they'd like if they'd just report limits. Duh.

If they don't screw me over and everything goes as planned, I'll use my card more now because with a reported "limit" of $5250, I'm not shooting myself in the foot util-wise anymore by doing so.

I'll just throw my Truecredit fee on there every month... :twisted:

That's absolutely true. As will the annual fee.

My closed account is still reporting as open. Which is fine with me because I kind of regretted closing it before building up some more history (I hadn't taken into account that the new card I opened to replace it wouldn't help me for 6 months). However, I have a letter saying it was closed and the annual fee was waived, so I'm hoping for no surprises.

But you never know with these clowns.

LNY - shoulda gotten the annual fee removed, and sockdrawering the Crap1 card. That's what I've done on one and as soon as the other reports the faked CL then I'll do it on the other.

I can't believe they didn't offer to remove the annual fee to keep the account open.

Oy Vey! They just don't give up.

In the postal mail today ... MORE CONVIENENCE CHECKS!! And again these are "no transaction fee"

I shred them but damn I would like to opt out of getting those, what is someone steals my mail and uses one?

I've already faked my CL with Crap1 so I don't need these anymore... idiots