Jump to content

TransUnion letter requesting info---how to respond?


Recommended Posts

Okay, here's the scoop:

I submitted a dispute with all 3 credit bureaus about 2 weeks ago. Some of the items that were included in my BK (my husband and I filed 09/04 and was discharged 12/04) were not showing up as "included in BK" on the reports. I received this letter from TransUnion in today's mail:

Dear ctnmkp,

Thank you for contacting TransUnion. Our goal is to maintain complete and accurate information on consumer credit reports. We have provided the information below in response to your request.

Re: Need additional information: List of creditors.

We are currently investigating the bankruptcy and/or your accounts included in a bankruptcy. To expedite this investigation, please send us copies of the discharge paper for the bankruptcy and the list or schedule of creditors included in your bankruptcy.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact TransUnion at the address shown below, or visit us on the web at www.transunion.com for general information. When contacting our office, please provide your current file number XXXXXXXXXX.


P.O. Box 2000

Chester, PA 19022-2000

Okay, here are my questions concening this:

1. When I respond, along with my discharge paperwork should I send them back Schedule F of my bankruptcy petition or the entire thing? Should I delete out any information (I filed jointly with my husband).

2. They list a p.o. box, can I send this CMRRR?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ooh, weren't you thinking of trying for a BK deletion? You send them all this stuff, they have it on file for future reference... and future disputes (where you can always get lucky with a non-response--with all this in hand, they wouldn't even have to contact the OC!). Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't give them all that ammunition. Any other thoughts out there?

And yes, you can send the CMRRR to the PO Box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The burden is on the CRA to report and verify correct information with the furnishers of such information.

If you truly want the BK and all the negative stuff related to it to glare across your report then send them everything you have so they get it correct.

Personally, I would go the dispute route and make them prove to me that it's correct and why it's correct. The game is "prove it or remove it." Also, you should read some more on these forums and maybe the book they offer as well. It's a good starting point/foundation. I wish I had found it sooner than I did.

You're going to need to step back and be strategic going forward. What information (details) have you already admitted to and provided in your original dispute? That first letter is going to determine (in part) what your next step will be and how you will repsond. Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.