sayes77

does delinquent CC debt affect other good standing cc ??

i have several cc debt went 120 days past due now.

and I also have 3 other cc that are balance $0 and keep in good payment history.

I think credit card company keep monitoring your cr.

do you think thse other delinquent accout will affect my other cards in good standing ? (Such as rate , terms , or possible closing by CC company )

On almost all of my credit cards it states that if I am late in paying on any of my credit cards, my rate will adjust. So, of course they are monitoring our reports, just waiting for us to make a late payment, etc. You might want to check your cardholder agreement to see if it states as such.

Clark Howard said the other day that the CC companies are going to start monitoring a person's CR while they have an open account with them. They said that if you are dilenquent on ANY account or if you have ANY derogitory remarks on your CR (includeing a collections account, repo, BK, forclosure ect) then your rates will rocket to the max of 30%. Makes you want to cut up any credit cards you might have don't it? :evil: To hell with the CC companies! Bankrupt them. That is what they are trying to do to us. They hike the rate that high so we can't afford to pay them off and force us into BK. Just makes no sense.

Look at your T&C .. not all cards have universal default. Frankly if I see a card with universal default I move on.

Patelco does not do universal default, and neither does State Farm. Crap1 does but that's Crap1 for you.

I got the new T&C from WaMu for Providian and there is no mention of UD in there either.

But I'd still like to know if an old, deleted bad account (like a chargeoff or an IIB) reappears on your report, will your present creditors put you into universal default? None of my creditors have ever raised my rates for the appearance of these accounts, but Discover approved me with a clean report so if an old IIB reappears, it will be the only baddie and will stick out like a sore thumb when it shows up again. Will that be enough to trigger universal default, even though it's 5 years old?

Oh yeah, and if an IIB suddenly crops up and there's no BK on my report, will Discover go sniffing around? Hopefully only one deleted IIB will reappear, and that will support my planned claim that it's an error... if there's only one, and there's no BK... 8)

Much in line with the orgional question, if you have a card you've had perfect standing with the whole time you've had it, but you have another account with another company charged off is this going to affect you're good standing card when it comes time to renew it?

Geezzz.....

I need to start reading things better ! I never knew that if you were late on one card it could raise the rates on your others even if you were not late on them !

I went back and read the section on default in my CC agreement and it said " if we recieve info that you are unable to pay your debts as they come due ( I guess by watching credit reports ).... and it also says...regardless of your performance on this account we can consider your account in default based on other factors and accounts ! ( summed up here not word for word)

Damn , I never knew that !! Im really gonna have to start reading all that damn info they send with their shiny offers !!

Well if they can do that I think its only fair that they should keep dropping our intrest rates till they hit 0% for good payment history :D Wouldn't that be nice !

OK, so I called Discover and they said if a delinquent account shows up when they do an account review, they WILL put me into universal default.

I called TU and the guy (yes, English-speaking...) confirmed that right now there are no negative accounts showing, but if one is re-reported, I'll have to dispute again. (He also said there's a difference between re-reported and reinserted with regard to the FCRA rules.) Then he said the only way a deleted account can be reinserted is if the OC changes the account number upon reporting... the TU computer will not allow a removed account number to be reinserted even if it is re-reported. That confused me, because recently a previously deleted Bloomingdale's account was reinserted and I had to redispute to get it deleted again.

It's ridiculous. These things have already been deleted, but I have to worry about them reappearing and putting me in universal default when they do!!! (Remember, I got a letter from Capital One saying they would be reporting this previously deleted account again, so I'm not just worrying about nothing.) I guess I'll have to wait until the 11th, when Cap One reports, to see if I have to worry this month... and then dispute this and other possibly reinserted items monthly.