We Are offically Discharged, have a few questions

rockygirl

We got our letters in the mail, offically discharged December 19, 05. I can't even feel happy for even a few minutes, I'm startingto worry about other stuff.

When can I start checking the credit reporets and seeing if they got it right?

I am starting to worry now if itis true they can make you pay taxex on debts discharged in bk..

Some of the debts went back to 1998.

We will be filing our taxes as soon as all our w2's and my disability statements come in. It is usually the end of january before we can file. do we need to tell the cpa we filed bankruptcy?

RG

When can I start checking the credit reporets and seeing if they got it right?

Give it 3 months, not all creditors report monthly.

I am starting to worry now if itis true they can make you pay taxex on debts discharged in bk..

NO, they cannot. Where did you hear that fairytale ?

Some of the debts went back to 1998.

How old the debts were makes no difference whatsoever, they've been discharged and you are relieved of all liablity for them.

We will be filing our taxes as soon as all our w2's and my disability statements come in. It is usually the end of january before we can file. do we need to tell the cpa we filed bankruptcy?

Yes. I believe there's a form or a part of a form that you have to fill out if you've filed bk during the tax year.

Stop worrying. You're FREEE !

thank you Lady, I am the offical worry wort of the year.

I am grateful it is over, I was sick during most of it, and our atty. really did not earn his money. I did all the work. Their firm made several errors on paperwork and I found it. One error I found right before the 341 meeting.

I am going to have to call them and get an updated matrix for our creditors b/c the one they gave me does not contain the creditors I added(like the old Transouth account from 98 where I co-signed for my son) I found it, and got an account number and amount and it was added. at least they said they added it. I paid $26 to have it added. But I did all the work. They just filled out papers.

The back of our discharge paper lists debts that are not dischargeable.

the usual suspects are there, but one that caught my attention is

"...some debts not properly listed by the debtor.."

We have discussed this before on the board, but it seems some counties or states will agree that all debts are discharged, others say only the ones listed.

anyway,

Happy new Year to all.

RG