Anyone ever dealt with these jokers?

thenewguy

Just found out my my account from MBNA was bought by Hilco Receivables and that M.R.S. associates is the one doing the collection of this account. I'm just wondering if anyone has dealt with these guys before.

I have began the tatics that the Credit Primer on this board speaks of. I've not contafcted these folks at all by phone (ignore all tbhey're calls) here recently they have started to send me letters looking for a settlement.

Like I've said in the past I wouldn't mind paying this in full if it would mean getting it off my CR, but since it probably woudln't I haven't meniton that at all of course. I sent a letter for DV with M.R.S. on Saturday. I also requested an investgation on all parts of the debt with the CRA.

Any further advice?

Not very long at all usually within 24 hrs. BTW check some of my prior post in the older sections and you will see my DS dealing with MRS. We won! There is a wealth of info on this board and when I decided to use the computer to complete my repair, I did a lot of reading and asking. Te top of the page show you how to do many things and there are some very knowledgeable ppeople here.

I'm reading through some of this stuff right now and it struck me as funny because the very first messages I started gettingfrom MRS were the personalized threatning ones of jail and such. After a few weeks of them realzing I wasn't going to answer I guess I know only get the same pretaped message on a daily basis.

May I ask, what kind of account did MRS have of yours, a charged off one?

Never ever talk to a CA on the phone, they tape and they will lie and trip you up. Read, learn and read, this board has it all, and I have given you some hints. BTW I am not an atty. but I can relate things from my own experiences and what I have learned from here. I have gone from bad credit to closing in on a 800 FICO(nearly there) by learning here. I learned my rights, I learned what I thought was right was all wrong too, and I learned how to repair. DV and send it CMRRR, if it is not SOL send a limited cease and desist. (Ask them to contact you by mail only) Check your state to see if it is SOL. Good Luck!

cole, here's what i know from my experience. i connected to that link and this guy sounds like he knows what he's doing definately. if these people call you up and threaten you in anyway, they have to follow through with their threat within 24 hours. this is per the fair debt collection practices act.

www.ftc.gov

to my knowledge, if they do not follow through w/ their threat within 24 hours, meaning beginning the process of following thourgh (paper work etc..) you're debt can be completely wiped out. so, if i were you, do your education, talk to them, see what they say. go ahead and open the window for them to throw the ball in your court! i work in collections, and i hate to see people get mistreated because of any reason. there is no need for it at all honestly.