Can my dad do anything to stop CAs calling for me?

Anisah_H

My dad gets calls, which he usually doesn't pick up anymore, from someone calling for me, probably CAs. If I can find out who they are with the number they leave for to call, what can he do to get them to stop calling? They dont' leave their company's name. I am not living there, and he won't give them my address obviously. What letter should he send to tell them to stop calling or he'll sue? I know there's probably stuff he shouldn't mention in the letter, like he refuses to give them my address.

Any advice on how he should handle it, and any sample letters that he can send?

Thanks.

Get an address and have him send a cease and desist letter simply stating that the person they are seeking does NOT reside at his address and to get lost. Have him file a complaint with the phone company too. There is nothing in the law that says he has to give them any info on you at all.

Any advice on the following letter to send to them.

Should I put in there about the specific FDCPA law (804 or 805) that would apply if they kept contacting him? I wasn't sure how to word it. As far as I know there's no mail for me, just the phone calls.

CEASE and DESIST

Cheatem Collections

123 Fagetaboutit Ave

Chicago, IL

Date

re: Telephone calls for Jane Smith at 555-1212

Dear Sir or Madam:

I request that you CEASE and DESIST in your efforts to contact Jane Smith at my residence. She does NOT live at this address.

You are hereby instructed to cease telephone calls or any other contact immediately or face legal sanctions under applicable Federal and State law.

GIVE THIS LETTER THE IMMEDIATE ATTENTION IT DESERVES.

Cordially

John Smith

Thanks!

I've had this happen to me for my sis I find that if you say "they don't live here anymore" CA continues to call. If you train yourself to say "wrong number" and hang up they tend to leave you alone if they do call back as sometimes they would think I was my sister I would just threaten to report them. I have never had one go any further.

Your dad should send the letter but he should also in the future just say wrong number .

I don't think they are going to listen to anything he says on the phone. I don't know if he will print out a letter and send it, but I'll have to try. Sometimes he doesn't realize I actually know what I am talking about, still treats me like a little kid sometimes. I think a letter is the best thing. If they keep calling, he can make some money out of them!