CA keeps calling! (Cool!)

I DV'd w/ cease phone calls this CA on 12/31. Got a call @ 8:00 that night. I let it go.

Today, (1-2-06), I've already gotten 2 calls.

I'm just rackin' up the documentation every time they call. I'm also taking pictures of the caller ID. I'll probably send another DV, just to show that I'm trying to communicate with them. Then, when they keep caling after a few days.....BAM! Lawsuit! This ones kinda fun!

Just goes to show ya, most of the time, the right hand knows not what the left hand is doing! :twisted:

you;re in Texas so sue them under Texas FDCPA and get more money out of it as well as deletion and also for them to "absorb the debt".

If you need an attorney, PM me. Otherwise, preferably, do it yourself! You already have a 2500 case (plus the debt amount, probably.)

Also, did they send you anything after the 30 day mark? If not, they violated TFDCPA again, which would make it at least 3,000.

edit: did you send CMRRR????????

Hey Swede! Good to see ya! Remeber our days at FCM? Too bad that site went down, it was a good site.

"you;re in Texas so sue them under Texas FDCPA and get more money out of it"

Yeah, I was thinking that. I lost my link to the Texas Statutes so if you know where I can go, can you lead me there?

"did you send CMRRR????????"

I've been doing faxaway.com. It's pretty cool, and much easier if you don't know about it...?

I have no idea what faxaway is. But if you have a way to prove you sent it, then it's just as well!

Are you planning to do it for yourself or hire an attorney?

Reason I said do it yourself is because with my attorney, I settled for 3,750 and got 1400 for myself :x Under TFDCPA, you can't get fees, supposodly, that what's my attorney said.

You would need to allow at least several business days for the parties to receive the DV or Cease notices and data enter into their systems to be taken off of the collection cycle. Collection agencies normally use predictive dialers and FDCPA rules allow a reasonable period of time. December 31, was only a couple of days ago and there has been no USPS delivery since then. Thirty days after receipt is actually more appropriate to nail a collector on violations.

Hey Swede! Good to see ya! Remeber our days at FCM? Too bad that site went down, it was a good site.

Oh yea, I sure do.... :) Those days were FUN. I've seen some people around over here....Yea, we did have some fun over there...Good to see you!!

You would need to allow at least several business days for the parties to receive the DV or Cease notices and data enter into their systems to be taken off of the collection cycle. Collection agencies normally use predictive dialers and FDCPA rules allow a reasonable period of time. December 31, was only a couple of days ago and there has been no USPS delivery since then. Thirty days after receipt is actually more appropriate to nail a collector on violations.

Thats not true under Texas law. "After being notified in writting, all collection efforts shall cease IMMEDIATLY..."

EDIT: After DV... So they shouldn't be calling after the DV even without the C&D

• 2 weeks later...