Facta

playmaker

IMO, the CRA's correct 30 day lates when they can't verify it. If the OC doesn't verify within 30 days, or they acknowledge the 30 day late as incorrect, then it gets removed. There also have been posts here about folks losing entire tradelines disputing lates, so that's something to consider as well.

The FACTA notices I've seen are on the back of all billing statements I receive in big bold letters, so I assume it's the same for everyone. There might be other posts here which discuss whether or not this notice is sufficient per FACTA. I happen to think it is.

I think the best way to go would be to dispute directly with the OC. Then pull your CR again to see if they change the tradeline status to disputed. If they don't, you may have leverage. I noticed when I disputed amounts owed directly with several OC's, none of them reported to the CRA's as disputed. Maybe lates are handled differently, but I doubt it.