Wow, lucky me!

Apparently I'm "pre-qualified" to receive a prestigious Aspire Visa Gold Card at only 24.75%! But if I somehow don't qualify for this lofty limit of "up to $3250" they'll give me a $500 card at 27.75%. I'd bet my life on that happening.

Oh, how I wish these vultures would stop preying on me. And everyone else, for that matter. :x And I'm not talking about whether or not I should opt out, either. I'm talking about the way they sniff out people they think, for whatever reason, are in trouble, and deliberately set about trying to make things worse. I don't know how they sleep at night.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh, how I wish these vultures would stop preying on me. And everyone else, for that matter. :x And I'm not talking about whether or not I should opt out, either. I'm talking about the way they sniff out people they think, for whatever reason, are in trouble, and deliberately set about trying to make things worse. I don't know how they sleep at night.

Somebody trying to sell you a bad deal? That is just a part of life...

There are so many things that are rip-offs in life but I wouldn't single out sub-prime credit card predators. The list is huge if you include airline insurance, bottled water, credit card insurance, etc...

Not getting ripped off is just a part of life... Although you are definitely on the right track... Recognizing a bum deal is the first step... :)%

If I had been posting on a bottled water board, I might have "singled them out" too. :wink:

I think that the funniest rip off is airline insurance... Like, how many flights are there in this country PER DAY???

And how many people die in a flight PER DAY???

You stand a much better chance of winning the lottery than dying in a commercial airliner...

But what suprises me is how many people really think that airline insurance is really needed...