Disputing Ch. 7 & State Tax Lien

FLMusicMan

I am getting ready to dispute my Ch. 7 BK on Big 3. Does anyone have a good sample letter or a good way/words to include in a dispute letter? I have already disputed them once but came back verified. So, should I redispute or DV. If so, how?

I am also looking for a good sample letter or suggestions on disputing Ky State Tax Lien of 1400.00.

Any help on either would be apprciated. I am new at this and thinking of hiring F&F but would rather try to do myself.

I am also looking for a good sample letter or suggestions on disputing Ky State Tax Lien of 1400.00.

Here is how I got my state tax lien removed.

First, go to your local courthouse and get a copy of the actual lien and the Release of Lien.

Next, scour EVERY single word. You are looking for technicalities to show that this is incorrect, thus it has to be removed.

Then aim for the addresses. You can delete pretty much any past addresses. That was a main argument that I used for one CRA.

And finally, the best way is to attack the identifying information. Like is your real name Robert but it is spelled Bobby, etc. Whatever variation of the name, insist on only your real name.

Also, your SSN. My lien had an ID box that that had this:

XXX-XX-XXXX-01

I explained to Experian that this is NOT my SSN, therefore this lien doesn't belong to me. Experian actually wrote back to me and said that what was in the ID box was indeed my SSN. There, I had them on a technicality and I said that my SSN is ONLY nine digits, NOT the additional -01 so that this number does not properly identify me. Experian then deleted it.

I will be the first to tell you that it is a big pain in the [EXPLETIVE DELETED] but you have to dilligent and persistent to get it removed.

Thanks for the advice. I live in Florida now and that lien was in Kentucky. However, after my first round of disputing everyting on all Big 3, I just recieved my EQ report yesterday and sure enough, state tax lien deleted with EQ. Verified with TU & EX. Now, I will work on them.