credit-nightmare

ONE MORE QUESTION....

There is only one baddie left on the credit report ( Cap1) ( well a new one was added recently , but thats another question :D ) Its not an old account , but it is in collections now. The collection company called here and I didn't know who it was so I answered it . They told me all about my dh's account and wanted me to pay it.

We usually don't answer calls if we don't know them , so it always goes to the machine and they never leave a message. I got one letter from them but it was a shock I got that one because they have my address wrong... the numbers all all messed up . I never received another letter from them after that one.

Since this is a pretty new account ( opened about about 2 years ago and just went to CO status in the past couple of months or so) should we just wait it out . If they never leave a message and they never send us a letter ( well atleast its not getting sent to the right address by their own mistake ) should we just wait it out. Cap one just refers us to them when we called.and cap one says CO on credit report now.

Not sure what to do with this one , The CA is not reporting to the CRA's yet , should we wait or pay it or what ? Im afraid if we pay it they will then just put it on the report.

If it was up to me I'd pay it before it gets on the credit report.

I very rarely have had anyone leave a message or do much more than slap something on my credit report and leave me to figure out how to contact them about he debt owed.

I'm all about the path of least resistance. If you can get rid of it now and not have a collection on your report then I would go for it.

OK I went and looked at dh's report and this is now what Cap1 has listed...

It now says ....Chargeoff/past due 150 days $500 written off $524.00 past due as of Dec 05

It also now says CO as of DEC. 05 , NOV. 05 , OCT. 05 , SEPT. 05

It didn't have that on there before it just had 180 days sept.05 and that was it.

So if its chrged off why does it say $524 still past due ? and how can it keep charging off every month ? and my balance due /high credit increases every month on the credit report to coincide with what the CA is charging ?!

Also the collection agency made a hard inquiry on my credit report in september , is that allowed ?

Cap1 lists their CO with a balance due, unlike other companies who list bal. 0. It will say Charge off every month. At least mine has for the past 3-1/2 years. And the balance will likely cont. to increase.

So if its chrged off why does it say $524 still past due ? and how can it keep charging off every month ? and my balance due /high credit increases every month on the credit report to coincide with what the CA is charging ?!

This is how Cap One typically reports their defaulted/charged-off debt. The account is not being charged-off again every month. Its just basically saying that the account is still charged-off. They do not typically sell their debt. One of their notorious collection agencies is Northland Group. If that is the CA that has your debt, they don't report. Only Cap One will continue to report every month.

Also the collection agency made a hard inquiry on my credit report in september , is that allowed ?

If the CA is collecting for Cap One, they have perimissible purpose to pull your report. I know, it stinks. They pulled mine twice in the same month. Needless to say, I was extremely annoyed at that.

I am not familiar with OSI. Are they a JDB too. Some CA's are also JDB. Do a search on the board for OSI and see what others have to say about them. If they bought the debt from Cap One, you can use a different approach to deal with it if you have the money to do so.

BTW, when the CA do those kind of inquiries, its usually a hard one not soft.

I have no idea who they are yet. BUt when I call cap1 number on the back of the card and put in the account # it goes right into OSI . I will do a search and try to find out more on them. Im sure they are just as evil and hateful as the rest.

It seems like when I get my credit in order my dhs credit gets hit and when his is going good and almost clear mine gets it...its like an evil mind game that we cant escape :evil:

OSI most definitely WAS a JDB - before they filed for bankruptcy almost 2 years ago. OSI was HUGE before they crashed and burned. Not sure if they still buy debts anymore or not, but you can be pretty sure Crap1 hasn't sold the debt. OSI's habits were just and nasty and illegal as the rest, and illegal re-aging was one of their favorite tricks. Watch 'em !

Thanks LadynRed.

So far only cap1 is on his report , I will watch it carefully !! Heck I would have paid cap1 the little amount we owed them if they had not illegally charged us for more than they were suppose to ( a late and over limit fee and a yearly fee all of which were bogus ) so we refused to pay the balance. So now the war is on I guess :roll: I would still pay it if they would take the darn crap off the report , but thats never gonna happen with them :twisted: hate em :evil: