Sign in to follow this  
fixmycreditplease

Equifax Dropped 40 points after disputing 2 Paid Collections

That is why I do not like disputing stuff from EQ at all. Once you dispute, they change the reported date to when they updated the results for your dispute. This could either help or hurt you. In your case, it hurt you unfortunately.

My guess is that it updated the date reported. This happened with DH everytime he would dispute and it verified the reported date would update making it seem newer. i.e. date of most recent collection even though the date of 1st delinquency hasn't chaged from 7/2000. So we just stopped disputing.

"My guess is that it updated the date reported..."

Yep that's what happened. This is not re-aging. ANY thing that indicates derogatory in a TL along with the "date last reported" triggers deductions in the history category, which accounts for (up to) 35% of your score. That means a recently updated CA is a real score-killer.

Yep that's what happened. This is not re-aging. ANY thing that indicates derogatory in a TL along with the "date last reported" triggers deductions in the history category, which accounts for (up to) 35% of your score. That means a recently updated CA is a real score-killer.

So disputing is a gamble? Or does it matter how you dispute. This post has me quite concerned. I can't afford a huge drop like that.

IMO, disputing anything with EQ is a risk because of how they update the TL with the dispute results. Changing the date reported has benefited me as well as hurt me. In some cases, caused no damage. So you really have to weigh how much risk you are willing to take if you need your scores to be at a certain point right now.

It does not matter how you dispute. Its still a gamble because of the "date last reported" as stated earlier.

So disputing is a gamble? Or does it matter how you dispute. This post has me quite concerned. I can't afford a huge drop like that.

No, it is not a gamble... It's called work...

Repairing your credit sometimes takes a lot of hard work and patience and a lot of time. And yes, you are going to get jacked especially as Ahntara explained, recent updates hurt you.

But in all reality, EVERY bad negative item hurts you. There is not a way to get around it until you take care of the problem unless you are willing to live with level of negative activity.

What is your current score?

I see in your thread your high was 666 and on 12/23/05 it was 659. Did it go 40 points lower from 659 to 619...?

Did you send in MOV letter next?

What is your current score?

I see in your thread your high was 666 and on 12/23/05 it was 659. Did it go 40 points lower from 659 to 619...?

Did you send in MOV letter next?

These are my FAKO scores in my thread...and the funny thing is they stayed consistent. It was my Equifax FICO that went from 618 down to 578.

How can this be and the FAKO scores did not change?