Need advice - contact the OC or not....

cdmosaic

Hi All, I have a repo on my report from Toyota now 5 years old. They have sent it to three CA's in that time, but none have every reported to the CRA's. Only the OC reports the TL as CO. My question is two-fold. First, should I contact the OC with a request to furnish validation of this debt? My hope is that they will not have the records and then I can furnish that info to the CRA's - I've disputed it twice so far with the CRA's and it keeps coming back as verified. However, is it better to not wake the sleeping giant as I still have 2.5 years left on the SOL?

2nd part - the latest CA only calls me - never anything sent in writting for me to dispute. I've told them over the phone that this is not my debt but they keep calling anyway. Any thoughts on how to handle that part?

Thanks so much for the help.

By disputing the debt you might already have woken up the sleeping giant. I disputed an account once that was very close to SOL. Well they waited until the last minute to verify my dispute. Well I found out why after, during that time they initiated a lawsuit. Lucky for me, I was dealing with a JDB. Unless you have the money to pay the OC right now, I would try to ride out the SOL and hope nothing happens.

Once the CA sends you something in the mail, do a timely DV with "its inconvenient to call me. Please contact me by mail"

This happened because I did not know the wealth of knowledge that I know now. Just be cautious what ever you do.

Hi thanks, but the SOL expired 15 mns ago as I just found out today. So I guress waking the sleeping giant in this case doesn't matter anymore. so I'm thinking the thing to do now is write the OC asking for validation and dispute with the CA and CRA? Sound right?

I've been working on Toyota since 5/05, DOLA is 1/2002. 3 DV letters unanswered, never received the proper paperwork after repossession-no notice of sale, nothing. Sent an ITS last week to a different address in Torrance, Calif. I couldn't care less about rattling their cage-I'd be waaaaay up for a countersuit, all the violations are all laid out and ready. Just need a lawyer.

Yeah, I've had a similiar experience with them, no notice of the sale, just the bill. And they did the repo the day after I made a payment arrangement with them - they took the money and then repo'd the car. The CA I spoke with today said they have none of the original paperwork only my credit report. I'm not even sure they have the right to attempt collection on Toyota's behalf and they refuse to send me a dunning letter.