Goodwill pleading to CA?

magoo

I have 3 old ambulance bills from a few years ago that went to collections. I paid these accounts about 2 months after they went to the CA, and was "ignorant" at the time about paying for deletion. My bad.

The big problem I have is that these 3 paid collections are showing up individually on my reports, giving me 3 derogs instead of just one. I've disputed many times, but it's a small CA, and I think they have the time to keep varifying. I haven't played hardball with them yet, everything in the reports is legit.

I was wondering if I might contact them, and see if they could merge these 3 accounts into just one listing? Or is that a dumb idea? Also, maybe if they could merge them, it might be more difficult for them to be varified later?

I haven't played hardball with them yet, everything in the reports is legit.

I was wondering if I might contact them, and see if they could merge these 3 accounts into just one listing? Or is that a dumb idea? Also, maybe if they could merge them, it might be more difficult for them to be varified later?

I'd go for hardball...don't waste your time on goodwill with a CA. DV can works just as good on paid accounts as unpaid. You should still go the DV route, track it, and dispute once you know they have recieved your letter than dispute again.

DV can works just as good on paid accounts as unpaid. You should still go the DV route, track it, and dispute once you know they have recieved your letter than dispute again.

I was wondering about that, but hadn't run across anything on here about it working on paid collections. I wasn't sure if my payments to them would be an admission of the debt, but it's been almost 3 years, so I doubt if they'll have all the paperwork.

I'm sure the DV letter will be slightly different. I'll give it a try, and see what happens, and will let you know. Thanks!

I would also dispute something specific in the TL with the CRA. Such as the date paid, the status of the account, the amount paid, the high balance etc. You basically want to make the TL harder to verify thus ending up in a deletion for you. The CA may not want to waste time verifying all that information since the account is already paid.

I will add that when I first came here, I sent a dispute to the CRA's about a SOL debt still being reported. I claimed it as not mine and it was deleted without hesitation. While discussing this with other members, we came to the conclusion that a CA won't always respond to the dispute if the debt is paid.

For this reason, I would try first disputing this as not yours to the CRA's for now, then, if verified, send the DV.