SOL in Calif?

cdmosaic

I just read on Fair Debt Collection.com that the Calif SOL for a written agreement is 4 years from the breach of contract. I have a car repo from 10/2000 which would put 15 mns over the SOL if this is correct. I'm getting excited here that I can tell the CA to kiss my butt, but first.....is my info correct? Does someone else have a source for the SOL in Calif?

Here's to hoping this is correct.....my fingers and toes are crossed!

Also, it is illegal to even attempt collection of a timebarred debt in California. If you have a CA on your case for this, you have definite ammo. go to the Credit Repair section on this site and click on our sticky titled "The Law in Calif . . ". Read the whole thread. Also, in the second post, there is a site to click on. It will take you to the Summary of the FDCPA sponsored by the Department of Consumer Affairs. Read it in it's entirety. Also, you can go to California Civil Code 1788.1 and read all of it. Also look up the repo laws for this state as they are somewhat strict.

Now, if the only problem at this time is it is being reported as a repo, they are within their rights to report it for the 7 year period. For this reason, about the only thing you can do is dispute with the CRA's and see if it gets deleted. Try "not mine" first, then move to dates, amounts, etc. And, if doing so causes a CA to contact you, you will immediately respond with the C&D, unless they have a judgement, which means they can continue activity.

Thanks for the great links -I will read them all. IF there is a judgement it is news to me - I've never recieved anything and nothing to that effect shows under public records in my CR. I though it was weird the CA were not sending anything in writing to me - only calling me repeatedly after I told them this is not my debt. Perhaps they are in violation - what fun! Well I look forward to sticking it to them if that is the case.