Capital One.... MRS?

Cole

Got a letter today from Capital One.... (yes, my mail was full today...how interesting!)

Anyways, it is a settlement offer(not specific).... but I found it very fishy that it appears to be from Crap1, yet one line in the letter says "...the solutions team at MRS is helpful and curteous..."

So I look over my new CR today and see that MRS is gone. Does this mean they sent it back to Crap1 and now Crap1 is trying to get me to do something? Is this a chance to PFD, or a game I'm not familiar with?

Still why would the MRS mention be there if it was COne sending you this?

Looks like "continued collection activity" by MRS masked by them attempting to make this LOOK like it was COne sending it.

Got the envelope? Who sent it? Whats the post mark? If it's barcode, the post office can read it for you and let you know. Or you can get a barcode program for the computer and scan the envelope in and decode it.

If it was MRS, then this is clearly false/misleading statements in the attempt to collect a debt, and unconscienable means use to collect a debt (trying to trick you), and continued collection activity. Lots of violations.

________

Ty250

Edited by uwackme

It seems odd to me too. But the envelope has no postmark, just a return addy of Richmond, VA....which IS Crap1, no? Also "Presorted 1st class mail US postage paid Capital One" for the postage.

Ok, before I finished this reply I thought maybe I should call the 800 # and see who I got. Guess who??? MRS. :evil:

How shady is THAT sh*%???????

Ok, how do I nail them now? THAT ticks me off. :evil::evil:

Call the nuymber in the letter...alledgely COne and RECORD the call. When MRS identifies itself as such, it closes the loop on thier violation for continued collection activity. Call from someplace ELSE, payphone, etc, or disposable cell phone.... if you call from home they KNOW instantly its you.

Now they violated continued collection activity, the made false statements in the collection of a debt (letter claiming to be COne) and they used unconscienable means to collect a debt (pretending to be COne), plus no dooubt some other violations. Easy $1K case for FDCPA violation. Then the entry on your CR's for them if any open up FCRA violations as well. If they posted a TL on your CR's, is it listed as in dispute, if not FCRA violation, and any items listed, could be more if everything isn't correct.

Prepare a federal civil suit summons, send it along with a ITS letter outlining the violations and offering to allow them to settle thier violations for 60% :twisted:

________

ROLLS-ROYCE PHANTOM III

Edited by uwackme

You don't really need to call them to prove the violation. Since their number is on the letter, it is proven.

Therefore, what you can do is send them a letter referring to your DV (include copies of letter and green card), and clearly explain how this current letter is in violation, etc.. Be sure and include all applicable laws. Then, you will close your letter telling them that due to their violations, etc, and you do not wish to pursue any litigation at this time, you are willing to pay $.10 on the dollar and they must agree, in writing, to close, delete, and not sell or transfer to anyone else. If they refuse, then you will sue them. What could happen is they will realize you are within your rights and counter with an offer of, say $.50 on the dollar. You would then counter at $.25 as a final offer. Many times this has worked. True, some will shine you on and continue, or just sue. If this happens, do not fret as, if sued, you would file a defendant's claim. If they continue, then you would send a final letter of intent to sue and go from there. Just don't, if you have to, offer to pay anything over $.25 with deletion.

Negotiating with MRS, wouldn't that still leave the original COne negative TL? Or can they get that changed with a PFD? And offering to settle this instead of a suit, wouldn't that be admitting the debt and make them less likely to bother?

Exactly DO NOT settle with a CA or JDB. Ever.

Go after them for the violations, make them pay YOU $$ and remove anything they placed on your CR's completely.

Yes, the OC is still around. That'll be another battle someday, perhaps. But now you will be armed with the knowledge of how to approach dealing with them on that day.

________

Arizona Medical Marijuana

Edited by uwackme