Minor respsonible for debt??? HELP

mom23

I need help with my daughters credit.

I have not pulled her report yet but she recieved a letter from a collection agency for a bill from a company that sells music cd's.

My daughter is a minor and apparently 2 years ago she recieved a letter in the mail for this company and she signed up to recieve the cd's.

At the time she did this she was 15 years old.

I know that it is probly on her CR and probly by both the OC and the CA.

What should I do do get this off of her cr?

Can they keep it on there and excpect to get her (or me) to pay it.

Being that she is a minor and not legaly able to sign into a contract she is not bound by any is she?

Please help any way you can.

Thank you

Those companies dont generally report delinquent accounts to the CRA's. She did sign up from them though and this would be a good opportunity to teach her how important it is to pay bills and pay them on time and also how important credit is. It's not your responsiblity to pay it.............. it's hers. I'd have her start socking money away to pay it off.

I agree.. she will pay it.

I just don't want her credit to be bad b/c of this. She didn't really understand all that she was doing and what it ment. All she saw was " Get Free CD'S".. or so many for a penny...

I am going to pull her report and see if it is on there. If so.. how can I go about getting it off..