Should I send in documentation CRA requested?

quanxavier

To the room,

I recently paid a state lien that was listed on my CR and now I want the bugger removed or updated. I initiated a dispute with EFX and EXP the Indian fellow on the other end requested that I send my documentation to the dispute department to help expedite the matter. I've read on this board that all public information like tax liens are not reported or verified by the courts but the information is catalog by a third party verifer like LexisNexus and sold to the CRA.

So my question is: Should I send this information on the first go around hoping that the CRA 30 day investigation time limit expires because they will not get answer from courts and it will drop off?

srav & thepeacock,

I find that sending the CRA information is a waste of my $.39 (damn you post office) :twisted: Ok I will wait the 30 days and see if the info drops off. I've sent documentation before to the bureaus only to have a letter returned stating that they could not use the documentation provided.

To the room,

I recently paid a state lien that was listed on my CR and now I want the bugger removed or updated. I initiated a dispute with EFX and EXP the Indian fellow on the other end requested that I send my documentation to the dispute department to help expedite the matter. I've read on this board that all public information like tax liens are not reported or verified by the courts but the information is catalog by a third party verifer like LexisNexus and sold to the CRA.

So my question is: Should I send this information on the first go around hoping that the CRA 30 day investigation time limit expires because they will not get answer from courts and it will drop off?

Since you're trying to have it removed, sending documentation that it's paid is not the smart route to go. Don't ever send any proof to a CRA, unless is a letter from a furnisher telling them to remove...

State of Maryland lien paid 12/2005.

I'm going to sit and wait on the investigation results. I've learned in my credit repair process that you never tighten your our own noose by giving the CRA too much information. My wife and I recently acquired a new car and house that we wanted, so I'm really not in a rush to acquire more debt. 8-) (to the BIG 3).

By disputing it you impose on the CRA the obligation to go back to the source and verify the entry. With this demand the CRA is trying NOT to do that.

Remeber - FCRA allows reporting paid tax liens for 7 years from DATE OF PAYMENT. You are asking them to re-start the 7 year clock. Do you really want to do that? After all, just like a Judgment or a CA account, a PAID one is just as bad with FICO - it means the matter was there. It is NOT deletion.

Want deletion? Do what I did. Wait the 30 days and when you either get no repsonse or a "remains" from the CRA, sue the CRA. Even if you lose in Court they will still delete the TL.

Want deletion? Do what I did. Wait the 30 days and when you either get no repsonse or a "remains" from the CRA, sue the CRA. Even if you lose in Court they will still delete the TL.

If it remains with paid, what's the violation? And where did you read that if you lose in court, your TL will still be deleted?

Actually you can do a DV with a paid collection. They still have to validate the debt and if they don't, they can't report. It's usually easier to remove a paid collection than not. These guys figure they already have their money.

Actually you can do a DV with a paid collection. They still have to validate the debt and if they don't, they can't report. It's usually easier to remove a paid collection than not. These guys figure they already have their money.

That's exactly what I was saying in the other thread to the poster who felt disputing was a waste of time. A paid collection is an excellent target for a dispute.

Ok both CRA are reporting my tax liens as paid/satisfied. That lien had been a monkey on my back for a long time. I know that I will never play with the government's money ever again. :?

Anyway I feel like I have a new identity with this thing removed. My plan now is to have my wife added me as an AU on both of her credit cards as to boost my score.