Has anyone ever had Providian Deleted? They are killing me!!

tmac01

Has anyone ever had any luck getting any TLs from Providian removed. I have been working on two which are not mine but I have had no luck. They recently have not verified and it has been 40 days. I have Dv'd them and and disputed with the CRAs but they are still on my CR. Anyone have any suggestions ? Like I said they have verified in the past like in 2 days but this time they did not verify but EX sent me a letter stating " we have already investigated this...What do I do these are the last 2 Negative TLs on my CR...Any help is appreciated.... :D

I had them deleted from all three. I disputed various things like DOLA, incorrect BK discharge date etc.

On your TU, there should be some language like "estimated date this item will be removed" right under the TL info. If it's in the past, dispute on that basis. Good chance of removal.

They're not yours? Or you're just trying to get them removed by saying they're not?

If the account is truely not yours, then the solution is sinmple. Go to the police station and fill out an Identity Theft report. Send a copy of the report with an affidavit (here: http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/pdf/affidavit.pdf) to the CRAs and Providian and tell them to remove it immediately. Under the new law, FACTA, they are required to permanently supress the IDTheft tradeline and to take measures to ensure it never is seen on your reports ever again. Further, the law prohibits Providian from selling or transferring any unpaid portion to any third party...they have to write it off.

Do not do this if the account really is yours. If you get caught filing a false police report you can end up in jail.

A word for illinois residents. A police report is no longer required to trigger the permanent supression. IL passed a law that went into effect on January 1 that requires the CRAs to supress IDTheft tradelines with only an affidavit.

Let me put this question out there, not taking anything else into account cause i know where this question can lead but:

If you fill out a police report for id theft and turn it in. Can the credit agency refuse to take that as proof and still keep it on your credit report or if they say they disagree with the report?

"HYPOTHETICALLY" of course