How do you go about it?

Hello, I am getting ready to start cleaning up my files...but a simple question just arise, when you order or monitor your scores do you guys order by CRa (1 for TU, 1 for EX and 1 for EQ) or do you guys use that 3 in 1 of trucredit?, also if is not too much asking, do you dispute 1 item at a time, and wait, or doesn't matter (all at once)...thanks a lot!

Why buy credit reports? Are you are doing is just getting addtional jet fuel for the executives of a CRA...

I always get my credit reports for absolutely free. And they come directly from each CRA...

As for disputing, I dispute them all at once although I mail out separate letters for each single dispute. Back in my heyday, I would mail out like 30 disputes over like two or three days (like ten to each CRA).

Thanks for your input Ravenous Wolf. As for free credit reports, I know you are only allowed one free credit report from each bureau a year. I also know, TransUnion allows you to get a free credit report whenever you like by saying you were denied credit by a company. The only drawback is you have to register with True Credit to view it. But my question was how people keep a close eye (monhtly?) on their reports as I see here in different boards...thanks

The only drawback is you have to register with True Credit to view it. But my question was how people keep a close eye (monhtly?) on their reports as I see here in different boards...thanks

I have never registered... And I get them free from Trans Union ALL the time... As well as from EQ and EX...

You are entitled to a free credit report from any CRA due to ANY change in your credit status... And there is absolutely no way to measure that and the CRAs know it...

And that is how I keep a close eye on my credit reports...

Hello, I am getting ready to start cleaning up my files...but a simple question just arise, when you order or monitor your scores do you guys order by CRa (1 for TU, 1 for EX and 1 for EQ) or do you guys use that 3 in 1 of trucredit?, also if is not too much asking, do you dispute 1 item at a time, and wait, or doesn't matter (all at once)...thanks a lot!

I agree w/ Ravenous. You should get a FREE copy of your reports if you're just starting your credit repair. You would need to retrieve a credit report from each CRA first so that you can see ALL the relevant info for each TL. Retrieving individual reports will also allow you to dispute more accurately (w/ each CRA of course) w/ a current confirmation #. Once you begin the credit repair process, then you could either monitor your reports daily by using TrueCredit (which is what I'm using) or do what Ravenous does & check your reports periodically for free. I use TC for bumpage & to keep an instant eye on my reports until all (or most) of the negatives are gone. If I see a change on any of the reports that I would like to dispute, then I would get a report (either free or not) from the bureau & dispute it.