make satisfied state tax lien go away?

bimmer635

Aloha,

I am new to this site, and it seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable people here and a lot of useful information regarding your credit. If anyone can help me and my "little" problem that would be great. on Feb 2002, I had Bk in state of WA. I then went into cleaning up my credit over the past three years. I had gotten my credit scores up to 689,694, and 678 from the big 3 as of aug, 8. I had a business in wa for 12 years, sole propreiter. Apparently in 2001, when i moved from 1 res. to another, i neglected to file one of my quarterly returns. No one noticed until i closed out my business when i moved states. The state dept. of Revenue contacted me in march. I told them all of my records were in storage in wa and i had no access to them until they were shipped to me in HI, and that would take a month or two. Any way I received my records and filed my returns in apr. and asked them by phone to contact me so i could arrange to make payments on the amount owed ($5K). I kept calling and leaving messages and finally recieved a letter saying that they were unable to reach me at my number. They had transposed the #. So i finally received their paperwork in june to fill out and return, which i did.

Then on Aug 6 i received a letter dated july 22 that said a tax lien was issued as of aug 1 for unpaid taxes. immediately i was on the phone. i was told that the lien "was not issued yet and that if i payed the balance by the end of the month it would not be processed." They lied. I paid the bal. by end of Aug by getting reamed for a loan by beneficial. I thought this was all taken care of until nov. when i received another letter stating that my lien had been satisfied. i again called the state and told them that i was told i didnt have a lien. They said it wont show up on a credit report because it was paid. Lie. I tried to purchase a home mid dec. believing that my credit scores were about the same as in Aug. i put down earnest money etc. and when my credit was run my mid score was 617! I wqas slightly pissed. I called the state and asked them to remove the lien that they "never put on". They basically told me they would not because i hadn't paid my taxes when they were due and that it was their right to levy me. i said fine then show that i paid the lien in aug. they said that they had a "glitch" and it wasnt posted until nov. and that have at least 30 days to post satisfaction of lien, and they didnt have to change anything.

Of course i was buying a house because my landlord was selling hers. now i cant even get a rental because everyone wants a credit check!

So my wife and i and 3 kids will be homeless because i tried to work with the state to resolve the tax issue and they screwed me!

Sorry for being so long winded, but can anyone give me some tips to help make this all go away? Any help at all would be appreciated. Should i sue because they didn't post in time or something. they have my address as my po box here in hi. Should it have been my bus. address in wa?

i was told that the lien "was not issued yet and that if i payed the balance by the end of the month it would not be processed." They lied. I paid the bal. by end of Aug by getting reamed for a loan by beneficial. I thought this was all taken care of until nov. when i received another letter stating that my lien had been satisfied. i again called the state and told them that i was told i didnt have a lien. They said it wont show up on a credit report because it was paid. Lie.

Every time that I have had conservations with city, county, and state employees about stuff like that, all I got was [EXPLETIVE DELETED]. A lot of times they have their heads up their [EXPLETIVE DELETED].

What sucks is that these government employees are screwing people over because we are relying on what they tell us. One time, I had some bounced checks. I called up the county and they told me that it was fine for me to wait until my pay day to pay it up. And that absolutely nothing would happen. On pay day, I call them to tell that I am coming over and they now say that there is a warrant out for my arrest and that I will have to get booked and that I would have to get a lawyer.

Check out this thread about removing a state tax lien...

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39591

And let us know how it turns out for you in removing the state tax lien...

Aloha,

I was doing some reading here and saw that someone said that talking to the court clerk, sweet talking, would help to open an avenue to have a satisfied judgement removed because the only purpose it now serves is to ruin your credit and good name. If this is the case has anyone been able to do it with a "error" on my judgement?

Also, in checking your credit scores, do you receive a "hit" each time you check them with someone like myfico.com? If so how do you get around it?

I heard you took a 12 point hit every time you checked your scores. I am trying to clean up these problems but dont want to shoot myself in the foot either.

Is there an online source to look up bk records without paying? i couldn't pull mine up, so i wondered how the ca and others are able to obtain them. if they are public records, shouldnt i be able to see them under "judgements" in the courts search?

Any help woud be great.

Thanks,

bimmer635

Just what do you mean by "sweet talking"...

And ruining your credit is not the sole purpose of a public record. The reason why they are called public records is because they are public. ANYBODY on the planet can view them.

I have gone down to my county courthouse and have seen my own "public records" and while I was there I got to see just about anybody elses.

Ditto to what RavWolf wrote...

This is why I can't understand the preoccupation with removing Public Records from your CR. The records will still exist at their various courthouses and can find their way back onto your CR any time they are scanned in. Most consumers forget to take their removal efforts to LexisNexis also.

Checking your scores will not cause you to take a 12 point hit. Someone gave you the wrong information. Maybe you are thinking of hard inquiries, but I don't think that those even cause that much of a score drop unless you go on an application spree.