FCRA Do the CRA decide if they will delete or update.

Tracedrownin

Here is a paragraph I read that maybe someone could clear up for me.

It appears to fall under [15 U.S.C.?1681i] (5)(A) "In general. If, after an investigation under paragraph (1) of any information disputed by a consumer, an item of the information is found to be inaccurate or incomplete or cannot be verified, the consumer reporting agency shall promptly delete that item of information from the consumer's file OR modify that item of information, as appropriate, based on the results of the reinvestigation.

The reason I am asking is that I have an item that I paid prior to getting a little education at this awesome site, but it is reported as an open collection. I don't want to have it updated as paid, I of course would like to have it removed??????? Hello, to all I am a newbie and never used these types of boards before so if I make any boo boos, I will apologize once right now. Thanks :?: