Need Advice!

Debtsucks

I am on the verge of going 30 days late on several credit card debts. My income is not what it use to be and I am finding that it is becoming tougher to make my minimum payments. I spoke to CCC and their plan really did not do anything to help. They suggested that I just skip payments for the next month or two and try to build up some reserves or call my creditors and try to negotiate.

1.) Should I contact my creditors and try to negotiate a smaller monthly payment for the next several months? Will they work with me BEFORE my credit takes a hit?

2.) Or should I just except a 30-day late mark (maybe even 60 days) and try to get back on track myself?

I am leary of calling my creditors unless I have to as I do not know if by my calling them, will cause more problems and/or black marks.