AllianceOne qeustion

termig8r

I pulled my credit reports and have a collection from AllianceOne for an old medical bill ($50.00). Last year while dealing with other business with the original creditor it came up that I owed them $50.00 still. I went ahead and let them debit that from my checking account and have a copy of the bank statement showing the entry. Now I see that the item is still being reported on my reports by the collection agency and still showing that there is a $50.00 balance on it. How can I get these guys to take this off of my credit reports? It is obviously not reported correctly and I have disputed it and it came back as verified by the collection agency with all three reports. Can I expect it to be deleted completely since I paid the original creditor and it was accepted by them? What do I need to do here? Thanks for any help.

Sadly-since it has been paid, probably the only thing you will be able to do is get it reported correctly as 'paid'. You lost leverage when you actually paid it. While a paid collection item is bad (just like an unpaid one), if your trying for a house having it show as paid will probably not hurt you too much-leaving it as unpaid will.

Check the Credit Repair forum for tips on getting it removed altogether.