Arrow Collections

termig8r

I have an item that showed up on my report from Arrow Collections on an old First Premier Account. Here is where it gets crazy. The account was a zero balance with First Premier. I paid off several accounts at the same time and all of the others show as paid. This entry with First Premier showed as a zero balance also. It also showed as a high balance of $558.00. Now it has all of a sudden shown back up as sold to another collector and that other collector, Arrow, is reporting my balance as $763.00. WTF? What should I do about this. I disputed with the CRA's as no knowledge of this account and sent a Debt Validation letter to Arrow via CMRRR. Is there anything else you guys can suggest on this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Arrow :twisted:

Scum living life sucking b--tards that they are!

What has been the response to your DV?

Stick to the DV process. If this truly is either an old or already paid item then they will go away-eventualy. In my dealings with them I had to get very nasty with them-but I did get them to remove their illegaly reported account from my reports and get them to remove their Inqs to boot.

I might be good to settle in with some coffee and do a search of the boards here for Arrow... you will find a lot of interesting reading!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK. 30 days are up. I have the cmrr receipt and I have three new credit reports showing Arrow verified the debt with all three cra's. What I don't have is a response from my letter to Arrow requesting validation of the debt. My question is this...I never received any notice that Arrow had this account. The first time I saw them was when I pulled my report a couple of months ago. Does it matter that I did not dv them in the first thirty days of their reporting? I have dv'd them now and they will not respond to me, but they are verifying the debt to the cra's. What do I do now?

So where does that leave me? I sent them a dv once I saw them on my credit report. They have not responded to me and still report it as accurate to the cra. What is my next move here? Do I have any ammunition against Arrow? Or am I out of luck because I didn't d.v. when they first reported it. It says on my cr that they have been reporting since 5/2005.

At the very least, Arrow should show this as "consumer disputes"

You can dispute with teh CRAs, telling them to remove the item as it is "inaccurate." Give them a copy of your letter to Arrow and the receipt showing they recieved it and the verification you just received from teh CRA and ask, how can this be true if they "verify" to you but not me? Remind them that they violate the FCRA by reporting an inaccurate item. Tell them to delete the item as it is unverifiable and ask for written confrmation in 15 days. Send it CMRRR

Have you contacted 1stP about this? Do you have any proof of debt being paid to 1stP? Check your records and see what you may have.

If you do contact 1stP, just tell them you do not understand what is going on as the account was PIF at another time. Sometimes you will get someone who will assist you. Or do it through the mail and see what happens.

• 10 months later...
Good luck with these slimeballs! I DV'd them and they never replied so I waited 60 days and DV'd/ demanded a delete and still no reply. Im in the process of sueing them using Dean Malone for violation of the TX Finance Code.

Hello! Just saw your post about sueing Arrow from last Jan. how did that go??

I have a thread under debt settlement (bronson and migliaccio in title, since that is firm arrow sold my account to at first.)

I DVd arrow in the summer, but am just realizing now that I only sent a letter via regular mail!! (have been unable to drive and didn't want to wait for someone else to have to go to post for me!) They just sent reply verifying my debt yesterday and say they will pursue action.

I'm in Virginia and I see you're in Texas, but am wondering what happened with your case; maybe I could learn something from what you did!!

Thanks!

Yeesh! I had no idea! I thought we were supposed to read through the threads on this whole board to find answers to our questions. I didn't know it was not "allowed" per se or that it would cause people to get mad to post questions on 'old' threads. The questions and info. could still be relevant to people other than the original poster! ...

You can always link to an old post in your own post, but it really is confusing when a thread that hasn't been active for a couple of months gets bumped unless it's bumped by the original poster (or someone wondering if they resolved their problem and how).