Target

termig8r

As a result of a layoff from my longtime employer, a series of "subpar" jobs making significantly less than the one I was laid off from, and a drain on my savings, I was not able to meet some of my obligations. My Target card was one. I have recently acquired a new job in my previous field making more than I was before. This Target account just went to charge off and tha balance is only $353.00. I can pay this off all at once and according to Target I can still pay on it at the store or on their website. When I call Target they transfer me to some people called "American Recovery" who try to get me to pay them directly and try to settle the account, etc. I tell them no, I wil pay in full and I will make my payments at the Target store across from my office, so I can obtain receipts for my payments.

My question is this, should I go ahead and pay Target at the store as I plan to do? It sounds to me, since they do live transfers when you call that this is some kind of internal collections at Target...the voice on the recordings are even the same. I want to pay this in full but I also want my entry to show as a paid account, not a charge off. When I call Target they won't discuss it, they just transfer me to that collection agency...and all I get there are what sound like young girls who only want to get the money out of you, not assist with your account.

Also, this agency pulled a copy of my credit report and were quoting me items off of my report over the phone when I was discussing how to handle the account with them. Is this legal for them to quote other accounts off of my report over the phone to me like that?

I'm not sure about American Recovery being internal to Targe or not. My guess is not.

Keep in mind that paying this account is not going to help you much (unless your mortgage shopping). A paid charge off is just as bad as an unpaid one.

If this account has in fact been turned over to a CA-then you can DV them and see where that goes. If they do validate then you can try to negotiate a pay for delete.

You have to be careful.

If you pay Target directly they may just forward the money to the Recovery Company.

Contact Target 's Senior Executive management, explain the situation in a Goodwill letter and ask them to reinstate the account upon your immediate full payment.

They want you as a continued customer. Let them know in polite terms that you will take your business elsewhere if they take advantage of your short-term misfortune and insist on damaging your credit INSTEAD of collecting earned income for their stockholders/investors.

Can anyone tell me who to contact at Target with a goodwill letter? Or how to find out how to contact them? Should I email someone? Where can I find the people I need to contact? Customer "No-Service" is no help, they just refer me to the CA and say there is nothing they can do about it. I asked for a supervisor and was told "there isn't one avalable now".

KEY EXECUTIVES

Mr. Robert J. Ulrich , 62

Chairman, Chief Exec. Officer, Chairman of Exec. Committee, Chairman of the Board -Target Stores and Chief Exec. Officer -Target Stores

Mr. Gregg W. Steinhafel , 51

Pres

Mr. Douglas A. Scovanner , 50

Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer and Exec. VP

Mr. Bart Butzer , 49

Exec. VP - Target Stores

Mr. Richard J. Kuzmich ,

Pres of Target Sourcing Services & AMC N/A N/A

------------------------------------------------------------

Target Corporation Headquarters Address

Target Corporation

1000 Nicollet Mall

Minneapolis, MN 55403

Main Switchboard

(612) 304-6073 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday)

Target Corporation Sales Information Line

(612) 761-6500 (updated weekly, usually on Monday at approximately 5 p.m. CT)

E-mail financial Inquiries

external:http://www.InvestorRelations@target.com|no|default

Frequently Called Phone Numbers

Guest Relations: (800) 440-0680 (7a.m. to 6p.m. CT, Monday through Friday)

E-mail for Guest Relations: Guest.Relations@target.com

Vendor Hotline: (612) 696-7500

Job Hotline: (612) 304-4960

Community Relations and Grants Information Hotline: (612) 696-6098

Sponsorship Hotline: (612) 696-6000

Modeling Information Hotline: (612) 304-7580

Advertising Sales Inquiries: (612) 696-8330

Target.com Headquarters Address

Target.com

33 South Sixth Street

Minneapolis, MN 55402

News Media Inquiries

If you are a member of the news media (only) and have an inquiry, please contact:

Target Corporation & Target Stores: (612) 696-3400

just an update....

sent out a goodwill letter to Target execs this morning. Played around with the email address format for a little while but finally figured out how to email directly to people there. I sent out five emails this morning. So far I got one reply saying she couldn't help but would forward my email to someone who could. I also had a missed call on my phone, I called the number back and it was a number from Target's city center headquarters. They didn't leave a message so I hope they will call back. I have my fingers crossed that I can work something out with them and pay my account off and have them bring me out of charge off and back current.

Finally. some success. I got a call back on my emails to Target executives, actually it was an email to the President of Target. Within 3 hours of my email Tammy, with guest credit services called me and advised that they do not usually pull back accounts from agencies....but, based on my letter and my dissatisfaction with dealing with the CA they would make an exception in my account. They are pulling it back from the agency and allowing me to pay it off in full. They weren't able to reinstate my account, but once paid it will show paid/closed, not collections. She is sending me out these details in writing and we agreed to have it paid off by the end of this month.

Some success....not 100% but close.

Finally. some success. I got a call back on my emails to Target executives, actually it was an email to the President of Target. Within 3 hours of my email Tammy, with guest credit services called me and advised that they do not usually pull back accounts from agencies....but, based on my letter and my dissatisfaction with dealing with the CA they would make an exception in my account. They are pulling it back from the agency and allowing me to pay it off in full. They weren't able to reinstate my account, but once paid it will show paid/closed, not collections. She is sending me out these details in writing and we agreed to have it paid off by the end of this month.

Some success....not 100% but close.

That is very good. I never thought of your approach (using the email), but that was effective and congradulations.