OC Reporting false payment

Secrest

Providian has put a date of last payment of 9/2005 on my credit report. The actual is 11/2004. I have no type of collection activity on my credit reports because I keep sending DV letters to all the collections agency's as they come. The DV letters send them all away and another one will come. If I send a letter to Providian and tell them they need to change it back, will that somehow hinder me in any way when I DV other collection agency's. I figured it might somehow hurt me because Providian will have a letter from me basically saying it's my debt so change the payment date back. I thought that the collection agency could use that against me if they were to get that letter. What do you think.

Well, first, make sure that Providian is really saying DOLA and not something else (like maybe charge off date?).

Second, the DV process to a collector has nothing to do with whether you originally owed someone some money. Its about making the CA play by the rules. A letter to the OC...who you do owe money, right?...should not constitute any kind of evidence the CA can use.

Third, at this point, the DOLA is really not much concern. It will be 7 years before that has any effect on getting the TL removed. If it really is DOLA they're reporting, I'd just let it go for now...

DOLA is 11/2004 on my credit report which is what my last payment showed until recently. The last payment now shows 9/2005 while the DOLA still shows 11/2004. Another reason for my concern on that was the SOL. The SOL in NC for credit cards is 3 years. I was concerned that the last payment on my credit report will hinder me somehow if I make it to the end of the 3 year mark. The actual 3 year mark.