inquiry

wemeannoharmtoyourplanet

This question has probably been answered, and if so I apologize...there is so much info and I did try a search first.

The CA gives a 30 day notification advisory, and within the paragraph we read:

"Upon such notification, we will obtain verification of the debt or a copy of the judgment against you and a copy of such verification or judgment will be mailed to you."

I am not concerned about debt validation: I understand that a mere itemized list is not sufficient (a 9-year-old with a Slurpee could create the thing they sent). They sent no signed agreement thus far.

But what is the "judgment against me" that is being referenced? Or is this a statement that I will be judged?

In two letters, the attorney mis-spells the name of the CA.

Typographical errors are not uncommon. But inasmuch as the FDCPA draws such great attention to the point of not presenting "false OR misleading" representation, isn't this a bit sloppy?

Clearly, if the name is mispelled it is false - it does not read "false AND misleading".

Would a professional lawyer do this? He didn't goof once, he did it twice.

He attempted to clear up validation and the name of the CA with the itemized list...some CA with delusions of Imperial Roman Grandeur...

Centillion de Capitated Carp

Actually, it's Centurion Capital Corp...but i couldn't resist. :wink:

Unfortunately, that's not sufficient to be a violation of "false or misleading". False or misleading would be along the lines of "we'll issue a warrant for your arrest", "pay now, or we garnish your wages", or claiming to be the OC when they're really the third-party CA... stuff like that....

Yes, it is sloppy, but most CA attorneys are the puppy mills of the judicial world - so you can see how something like that could slip by.

The "judgment" reference is a judment against you from court. If you fail to show up to court after receiving summons, you'll end up with a default judgment against you. If you lose, you'll end up with a judgment against you. If the CA is collecting on the judgment, that's what they're talking about.

Great membername, by the way. :)%

Attorney #1: Could you please tell the jury the fabric of which your shirt is made?

Attorney #2 I object your honor, that shirt is immaterial.

Judge: Overruled.

Attorney #2: Ok, then I like a moment to go over my briefs.

Judge: Sure.

Attorney #2: (looks inside his pants for a second or two) They're fine.

thanks for the info!

Attorney #1: Could you please tell the jury the fabric of which your shirt is made?

Attorney #2 I object your honor, that shirt is immaterial.

Judge: Overruled.

Attorney #2: Ok, then I like a moment to go over my briefs.

Judge: Sure.

Attorney #2: (looks inside his pants for a second or two) They're fine.

too much, i love ambiguity!