Calendar Day or Business Days

dumdum

I've asked this question before in another thread about a specific re-notification period, but I want to get further clarification if anyone can help.

In reading the FCRA, the flip flop between saying '30 days' and '15 business days' and '5 days' and '5 business days', etc...

Do we know if it's truly ALL business days?

It seems that the initial dispute with a CRA is '30 calendar days' for a response. On the other hand, it seems that a notification of re-insertion is '5 business days'.

I'm a little confused and want to get a better grip on when I can and can't start claiming non-responsive with follow up letters or other steps.

arggghhh! :?::?

A little primer on legislation: Courts must follow the plain language of the law.

If a section specifies "business days" then that is what applies for that section only. Other sections that do not have that specified are calendar days. Sundays are never considered business days; a hangover from religeous influence (sabbath) on our laws.

When a section specifies business days, then days that are federal holidays are excluded from the day count. There is one more thing. A little law left over from the great depression in the early 1920s. Financial institutions are not allowed to be closed for more than 3 days in a row. This law was passed to ensure that people have access to their property (money) within the system. Any day that a bank is open, the credit reporting agencies are open and gathering data.