Confused About Credit Repair Process.

ageofkaos

I ordered my credit report from experian and got it online. I disputed all 3 negative items. I recieved a letter today from experian that says that 2 of the negative accounts have been updated and verified. I sent the Debt Validation letters to the collection agencies. Just wanted some advise on what to do after the 30 days are up being that I got verification from Experian on 2 of the 3 accounts. What about the other one?

A little more information is needed:

Did you order your reports from Transunion and Equifax as well?

Were the 3 accounts listed on TU and EQ? If so, did you dispute those? What was the outcome?

Did you ask the CRA for method of validation (MOV)? edit: method of verification

Did the CA provide proper validation to you BEFORE the account was verified?

I did order from TU and Equfax but they have not arrived.

As for the rest I am pretty new to this and I don't know what you mean by method of validation, so no I haven't asked for that. The CA has not responded yet.

By the way I was following the guide on this website for Debt Validation which says I am supposed to dispute the items with the CRA's and send Debt Validation letters to the CA's at the same time.

Thanks for your help by the way.

Sorry, I meant to say Method of Verification.

There's a link at the top of this web page titled "Method of Verification."

You can also click this link:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/repair/MethodOfVerification.shtml

I highly recommend you read this section and send an MOV letter right away.

The CA has not responded yet.

Congratulations, you have the CA on a federal violation! Did you send both the DV and CRA dispute certified return receipt? Before you do write back to the CA, wait to see what's on your other reports for a chance to rack up more violations. Even though the statutory damages are the same amount, more violations equal more leverage for you.

I read the Method of Verification. OK, here's the details. I got my report from Experian online and disputed it online. I tried getting my report online from TU and Equifax but it didn't work so I requested it by mail. Therefore I have to wait for those reports to come in. Should I try the MOV with Experian now, since I recieved a letter stating it has been verified and updated, or should I wait for the other 2 reports? Another question, if I manage to get an account deleted with Experian, will the other CRA's delete them as well, or do I have to go through the whole process with each CRA? By the way, I did sent the DV certified but the dispute was done online and all it said was "This item is under investigation".

I read mov. Thanks, great help. Should I wait to get the other two reports before doing the mov on experian because they are the ones I got my report from online and disputed online. They sent a paper saying 2 of 3 items were verified. I havent got report from tu or eqifax.

Question, if one CRA delets an account do the other ones delete them to or do I have to go thru the whole process with each CRA?

I sent the DV certified but the dispute was done online and all it said was " Item is under investigation "

Absolutely! Send the MOV to EX ASAP.

Waiting for your other reports only hurts you, since none of the 3 communicate with each other anyway. Delaying the MOV request may help EX to treat it as an entirely new investigation request, in which case they will have another 30 days to investigate. They may also consider it frivolous.

The entire process will need to be done separately with each CRA.

Here's what someone said about the MOV process:

The CRA's do not respond to MOV's. I think we need to make that comment a big sticky right at the top of every forum.

You can write or call and request anything you want. Bottom line is you get a generic printout outlining their dispute procedure.

Here's what someone said about the MOV process:

The CRA's do not respond to MOV's. I think we need to make that comment a big sticky right at the top of every forum.

You can write or call and request anything you want. Bottom line is you get a generic printout outlining their dispute procedure.

Can you provide a link to the forum post? I'd like to see the context in which this statement was made. This directly contradicts other posts in which people have used MOV to get items removed.

The generic printout outlining the dispute procedure IS the CRA response to MOV. The other information the CRA is required to give is the contact info of whoever they verified with. What you're doing is making sure the CRA complied.

If you sent DV before the CRA dispute, then you have the CA in a bind. Verifying with the CRA before responding to DV constitutes continued collection activity. Federal law prohibits collection activity until they properly respond to DV.

After doing a search for "MOV" through the forums, it appears more often than not that what Doc said is right. On the other hand, I read a few posts where folks filed suit and WON against the CRAs.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12521

Maybe more folks need to fire out ITS letters after receiving bogus MOV response?

Now, your situation may be different, and MOV may or may not help you. But it's another tool to use. IMHO, you throw everything including the kitchen sink at the problem.