EX reduces Child Support Arrearage reported!

beeboah

I pulled my EX report this morning and my Child Support arrearages were about 3k lower!!

I called the State Department of Revenue who indicated that my arrears were where I figured they would be.

To refresh you, I had been perpetually disputing this tradeline because every time I disputed it, it would come back with a slightly lower amount (as I payed the system its' arrears) with a Chargeoff Status. It would always indicate that no recent payment was made, and that the term was 1 month! However, my score went up 3 points every time I disputed it.

EX must not want to be responsible for reporting data that I can prove is incorrect. It seems that they have reduced the amount to "Compromise" with me.

Strange.....

Sure have....the arrears are mine though. Interesting how they cannot figure out that your ability to pay that money may be somewhat related to your over financial situation e.g. credit. So while you are busy paying back the system, they make sure that you are scarred for it all the while. Makes ALOT of sense. :?

Everything that I DV comes back validated. It is pretty wild.

I must have DV'd everything on my CR 20-30 times each.

To clarify, I was just trying to get the tradeline to read "paying as agreed", and to reflect that I am paying....

heh, don't worry...

combine that with BK, post BK bad credit, student loans, an ex who wants to grab all the money but not let you see your kid.....

Keep your chins up. You'll pull through. I have considered the alternative.

Ouch! Sorry beeboah no offensive to all women but sometimes we can be real b$tches. I can see what men go through with all the child support thing. I totally understand!

:evil:

It does happen, the problem is that bad people are so easily facilitated by the system. That is why I am so pro-active when it comes to my rights.

This credit stuff seems to be cakewalk in comparison to the world of pro se visitation, custody, and child support.

• 3 months later...
Guest BadAccountant

beeboah, I feel your pain big time. My ex moved 3k miles away and took my kid, has bills that total $550 amonth and pulls $630 from me. And then won't let me see him. Always an excuse. Divorce says "reasonable visitation." The child support judge had never seen anthing like it but granted the support anyways because support and visitation are not linked.

Yeah right, like my having to pay her bills doesn't tie my money up too the point that I can't even visit him.

Sorry for my rant. I feel ya dog. So you haven't had any luck taking it off even after paying on it? Mine keeps building because they made the judgement retroactive 6 months. That was fun.