Boyfriend made a big mistake with CA

erinmc76

He got a call from Academy Collection just before the end of the year, stating that if he did not make a payment that they were going to take legal action. Well that scared hin and he proceded to make a $50 payment and then agreed to 3 months of $92ea. After he did that, he informed me of what he had done and I almost fell out of the chair!! He did not sign anything stating that he would make these payments, he only verbally agreed. Within the next couple of weeks, he will be paying off all or most of his bills and this will be one of them. In the mean time, should he call and make the $92 payment?

He did get a little ahead of himself and even now, I'd want to be sure this CA has the legal authority to collect on behalf of the original creditor so I would do at least that much validation before paying anyting further.

Beyond that, however, I don't see a real problem here...I would suggest that if he actually does owe the money and has the money, then he should pay it.