new guy....

jobimon

hi guys and gals im new on here this is my first post and i have been reading for a whileand i need some help......im really overwhelmed right now about all the info on here.....i don't have too much on my report hat needs to be paid but i do feel like there is alot i can get off.....now is there people out there besides debt managers that deal with stuff like this...maybe a lawyer or something......any info would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

Most of the problems that you may have with your report you can take care of yourself. You really don't need a lawyer or anyone else to help you. The majority of the places that offer to help you are just rip-offs. If you have alot of determination and patience, you can do it yourself. Just keep reading here and posting your questions to get help along the way.

hi guys and gals im new on here this is my first post and i have been reading for a whileand i need some help......im really overwhelmed right now about all the info on here.....i don't have too much on my report hat needs to be paid but i do feel like there is alot i can get off.....now is there people out there besides debt managers that deal with stuff like this...maybe a lawyer or something......any info would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

Welcome! However you found this site it is a blessing :D Check out the information like tryingtodigout says. There is no quick fix. You didn't get into this point in a short time and patience is not only a virtue but it will help you get your credit repaired on your own. It's so empowering and gives you back your control.

Good luck and keep us informed.

can i get rid of something like this cause i know this looks bad and also there is one or two other things on there for capital 1 and i paid this off

Account: CAPITAL 1 BK Acct #: 41217421XXXX Type: CREDIT CARD

Bureau

Tradeline

Type

Date

Open

High

Limit

Mo.

Pmnt.

Acct. Bal.

Last

Reported

Account Status

Amount

Past Due

XPN Individual 2002-03 $1157.00 - - 2005-11 Settled $773.00

TUC Individual 2002-03 $765.00 - $0.00 2005-11 Settled $0.00

Days Past Due

Bureau 30 60 90+ History Date 24 Month History

XPN 1 1 4 2005-11

TUC -

Comments: XPN: Amt Past Due Value is Charge Off Amt, XPN: Election of remedy, XPN: Account paid in full for less than the full balance, TUC: Credit Card, TUC: Settled less than full balance

yes, it is possible though not easy. Keep reading on the forums and to searches on removing settled accounts.

I would't een bother with debt management companies. They are mostly scams and there is nothing they can do that you cant do yourself for less money and BETTER!

WELCOME! :)

ok but how do i go about getting this off and i also have another one both of which i have letters on paper showing that the accounts have been paid what is my next step???????????i am so lost with all this stuff which makes me even more mad that i got into all this troubvel in the first place....... :oops::oops:

ok but how do i go about getting this off and i also have another one both of which i have letters on paper showing that the accounts have been paid what is my next step???????????i am so lost with all this stuff which makes me even more mad that i got into all this troubvel in the first place....... :oops::oops:

Yeah, it gets us mad too...no not really we have all been where you are. Again there is no quick fix but the letters on the home page can help you out. Buying admin's book is a great tool to have with the CD or you can download it via e-books. I don't know about Crapitalone they hold your feet to the fire with the 7 year negative stay on your cr deal. Document all your work, Start by getting a folder with dates on when you started this journey, there will be a lot of paper :shock: , send everything CLRR(certified letter return receipt) and start with the debt validation letter.

It's all here for you.... patience grasshopper 8-)

You need to start about 6 threads above to the Sticky that says "How To Begin Credit Repair - A Primer"

Yes, mail copies to the CRA's. Be predared for the "we cannot accept that information" letter from Experian. You can also contact the subscriber reporting the wrong information to correct it, or remove it - because if it's to remain on your report, it MUST be accurate.

Vonnie & Doc are absolutely right-get the book. If that's not possible right now, read the primer. I know for me part of the reason I ended up with bad credit in the first place was out of sheer immaturity and ignorance. And it IS embarrassing and humiliating. Having to learn everything that was necessary to repair my credit myself has worked-7 baddies gone, 4 to go. 5 positives added.

It's a shame how many of us do not learn how to properly handle credit and money until well into adulthood. Now that I know what my individual rights are, and exactly what the process is and how to handle credit, banking and budgeting this will never happen to me again. Our kids benefit as well so the cycle of ignorance stops.

You will be amazed at how much you will learn on this board and how open and helpful the participants are-as long as you do your part. The stickies are best for getting started and the forum members are great about filling in the gaps.

Congratulations on getting to this point!! :)% Now you can turn this: :dunno: into this: :woohoo: and we'll all do this :BigDance: with you!