Help!! Zales account.

MKG122001

I'll try to make this short. My husband purchased a ring for me in August of 2005. He used our Zales card. At the time Zales had a no interest, no payment for 90 days. I received a bill in August, and have not received one SINCE. The other day, when I thought about it, I realized that I hadn't heard, seen or was even notified regarding this debt. I called Zales as soon as I thought of it, and come to find out the bill they sent in September came back undeliverable. We had not moved, they had my email, as well as our phone number. Like I said, I had received NOTHING regarding this. We also don't have any debt (except for this), so I am used to not having any credit card payments and this never crossed my mind. During the conversation I even went online to check my account and the last statement that they had listed was the Sept. one that for some reason got sent back to them.

I talked to Zales, they were going to credit my account the past due and send all the statements out that I never received. I have been in excellent standing with them since we opened the account 8 years ago.

This is my concern...today I received an email. Our myfico.com scores dropped FIFTY (50) points saying that the balance was past due 60 days. Is this something that Zales customer service can fix??? What do I need to do?? Our credit had finally gotten pretty decent and we even bought a house a year ago. We have had NOTHING negative put on there in years so I'm really upset. Mainly, because we worked so hard to get it all cleaned, and then something like this happens. Thanks for any and all help and advice!

Maria

Zales can definatly fix it. its a matter of them wanting to fix it. I would try sending a goodwill letter explaining the situation and include as much information as possible. It should be relitivly easy to fix depending on the kind of day the person that recieves the letter is having. Or you can just try calling them